Sinus infection turned into bronchitis and now maybe pneumonia

I think I remember that Frances! I do believe this is a fight indeed but at the same time don’t employers get to write their own rules?

I work for the Federal Government and know the FMLA rules very well, but don't know about the private sector. There are also disability accommodation rules to look into.

Hi Frances,
I do work for the state bc I am employed by an ISD that provides services to the schools. I was actually out for 4 sick days bc one was a snow day.

I am not on a biological nor a DMARD… yet. I tried one and my tongue swelled up, nausea, etc. My “new” Ruemy is leaving U of M so I am waiting to get into one. It’s a 4 month waiting list.

My PCP gave me a different antibiotic yesterday and steroids. I am already feeling better today.

Glad you're feeling better. I would think if you are employed by the State Government that you have regs to benefit you. Is there an office for disabilities that can provide info to you about your rights. Also what is U of M? And I'm confused why you have to wait 4 months to see a rheumy - to me that's UNACCEPTABLE.

University of Michigan.

I’m waiting bc I have had bad experiences with other ones where I live. The UofM doc said I could take 6 months to decide about taking methotrexate and then when I asked for an appointment, she said shes leaving her practice.

The new doc, that she referred me to, and who is 1 hour closer to my house has a waiting list of 4 months,

I'm sorry you have to wait so long for an appointment. Is there anything your General Practitioner can do to help?

Cheryl (CLR) said:

University of Michigan.

I'm waiting bc I have had bad experiences with other ones where I live. The UofM doc said I could take 6 months to decide about taking methotrexate and then when I asked for an appointment, she said shes leaving her practice.

The new doc, that she referred me to, and who is 1 hour closer to my house has a waiting list of 4 months,

He did
I’m in a diff antibiotic and a stroud and I’m feeling much much better! Thankx

Steroid that is, not stroud

I am going through the same thing. I just had my 10 year at my job at the local college (advisor in student services) & I do not know how I am going to keep my job. I have missed so much work due to the PSA & getting sick.

I myself had a flare up last week, missed work. Come back to work and I got a sinus infection that turned into bronchitis. The Doc is afraid I will easily get pneumonia so she said in now way am I to return to work until next week.

If this is the way life is going to be from now on I feel like all I can do is just roll with it and whatever happens, happens.

The kicker is that my family & I are re-locating in June & when I tell them I am quitting to move they will not have to worry about me missing work anymore. I just feel like they really don't care and all they want is for me to make money for the college.

Happy Friday everyone!

I am also in the same situation at my job, except I have only been here for three years. We have a small office, only 5 employees and I am the business manager. The one blessing I have is that I can work remotely when things are dreadful, but my boss and another employee still can not grasp what my disease is costing me. Between all the doctor appointments and days of terrible pain, they think I am making up my problems. I have tried to educate them, but they still are not supportive. I have PsA, Sjoren's and advancing neuropathy in feet and hands which means I hurt everywhere every day! I have finally reached the decision that at my doctors appointments in February I am asking to start the disability dance. I know there are many who are worse off than myself and I grieve for them too! I love this website!

Michelle

I read on the FMLA site for Michigan that after 5 days consecutive days for an illness, I DO need to apply for FMLA. But I would still use the rest of my allotted sick days up. So I would not have to go without pay. The site said the employer could request that the doctor submit information about the illness.

I guess I have to not take it personal, bc that’s “just the way it is”! My first reaction was,“We’ll that a fine welcome back I’m glad you’re okay”.

Good luck and my thoughts are with you both CHARGER and Michelle!