I have bronchitis :(

My kids and I came down with a cold 10 days ago (a Friday). They were pretty much better by Tuesday. I felt better Wednesday, and though weak, got out to lunch with a friend, etc.

Thursday I lost my voice and started coughing. Friday I visited the dr. to discover I have bronchitis :( I got some antibiotics, and have been resting. She said it might take more than a week to feel better, and to refill the antibiotics if I need to.

It's really frustrating. Most of the time when I get sick, it sits in my sinuses, and I can still get up and do things. This is the 2nd time in my life I've had bronchitis, and it is awful. Any activity, or talking!, sets off the coughing. Any activity makes me exhausted and shivery.

When I get sick, my joints usually feel better as my body gets busy with something else. Not this time! I'm having a full blown flare along with the bronchitis.

My husband already took Friday off to do the kid running around stuff, he's taking off tomorrow too. I feel guilty, but I'm also so sick I shouldn't.

Just wanted to vent somewhere that didn't require actual speech! (which would generate more coughing).

And to anyone worried: NO, this is not a result of biologics, I'm not going to die from this, etc. I'm sure I would have gotten bronchitis no matter what.

It’s just a stinker to be sick. Aren’t your kids nice to have shared? Feel better soon.

Sorry to hear you are sick. On their own bronchitis and PsA are no fun, cannot even imagine the misery you must be in with both of them. Sounds like some chicken noodle soup is in order. Prayers for a quick recovery coming your way!

Thanks Stoney and Nascarfilly for the kind thoughts.

Honestly, this bronchitis is kicking my butt. And my flare isn't helping. All my tendons are inflamed, and a couple of my joints have become hot spots. I can't take prednisone (more immunosuppression), and haven't taken my Arava in 4 days to help my immune system fight this off. UGH!

Cold season is here, our son is just getting over one :-( I made him a big pot of chicken with wild rice soup and a lot of fluids. Thankfully, I managed to avoid it.
Hope you're feeling better soon <3 Sending healing thoughts your way!

Marietta said:

Thanks Stoney and Nascarfilly for the kind thoughts.

Honestly, this bronchitis is kicking my butt. And my flare isn't helping. All my tendons are inflamed, and a couple of my joints have become hot spots. I can't take prednisone (more immunosuppression), and haven't taken my Arava in 4 days to help my immune system fight this off. UGH!

I hope you feel better soon.

I think whatever is going around this year is like that. I came down with a cold last Friday and was home sick all weekend. Took a few days off work and went back Thursday feeling like I had kicked the major part of it but had a cough. Then Saturday I woke up feeling bad again....still coughing. I think my mom had the same thing too.

I know how you feel. I had bronchitis a couple years back and wonder if I have it again. It's a terrible thing to have. My voice has been messed up too and if I talk too long it gets worse. Might be time to see the doc.

Sometimes I make a drink of hot water, honey and lemon. I find it gives me some relief in my throat for a little while.

My daughter has the same thing. So far I am good. Washing hands and wearing masks. I really hate it when the climate change for that kicks off the coughing season for my family.

I have bronchitis and a flare as well. I have been getting bronchitis every two to six months for the last two years and no one can figure out why. I have been to rheumys, allergists and pcps. The first time i got it was with a cold two years ago and that was the first time i ever had bronchitis. Now it comes on out of the blue. I have never smoked. I am miserable and none of the prescription cough syrups work for me. I think I’m tolerant to them after having had it so many times. I’ve had inhalers, the whole bit. I’m on my 13th day of antibiotic and I am still miserable. If you haven’t tried the prescription syrups I would ask for one. I hear they work very well for most people. There is one that’s made with codeine promethazine and another that’s made with hydro condone and an antihistamine. They do work better for me than OTC ones which is better than nothing. Feel better! I feel your pain!

I was finally better as of last Friday. I did get the prescription cough syrup that you mentioned. I found it only a little helpful. I'm so sorry you're going through this misery too :(