Felling sorry for myself

Hi Everyone,

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. I take methotrexate and humira and I have caught a cold with a fever and I have been running a fever for five days!! I feel like I am going to die from a cold and my joints are hurting so much worse now that I am sick. Is this common?? I have been on biologics for a year now and this is my first illness (I am blessed I know) so I wasn't expecting to be sick this long I guess. Does it take all of you this long to get over illness?

Thanks, Jodi

Jodi,

I'm so sorry you feel so miserable. When I get sick I honestly feel like I'm going to die. Everything hurts so much, I get a terrible headache because my sinuses swell shut and then the pressure just builds. I get fevers (yes, even with plain old colds). I take a lot of pain meds that are for my joints to get through the overall full body pain and headaches when I get sick. Otherwise I just want to cry and then I plug my head up more :) Hang in there. It takes me a week to get better from a regular cold (a full 7 days before congestions goes down), 10 days to feel myself again. For the flu, 10 days for symptoms to mostly abate, 14-21 days to feel back to my old self.

Call your doc if you don't start to feel better soon. I have enough experience to know immediately if I've turned from "normal" sickness to infection, and I have a great general doc who undestands my situation and trusts me and treats me with antibiotics promptly.

((((gentle hugs)))) if you'd like them.

HUGS!!! I hope you start feeling better soon. Being sick and having PsA is hard.

Thanks guys for the support and Debi I did contact my doctor. I know an end is in sight just sometimes it is overwhelming, so many other people my age doing anything they want but I know we all suffer on here. It's nice to have support!

Hi Jodi, I know exactly how you feel. Even when I'm not at my worst I get upset because i can't do the things I once did. Then I see everybody else doing what they want, how they want and when they want with such ease. How many times I see people taking the simplest things they do for granted. It is so overwhelming and the depression builds! But most of the time I have to tell myself not to go there. I have to stay on top of it. There have been times I have really got down into a deep depression and it was so hard to come out of because all the pain I was in. Best advice I can give is try not to let yourself get to that point. Snap yourself out of it and start counting your blessings instead.

jadukes said:

Thanks guys for the support and Debi I did contact my doctor. I know an end is in sight just sometimes it is overwhelming, so many other people my age doing anything they want but I know we all suffer on here. It's nice to have support!