Sick while on enbrel - when to skip?

So I have been meaning to ask my rheumy this and have added it to my list of questions when I see him in 3 weeks time but as luck would have it I am sick now. In the past I think I have skipped too many doses cause I get sick so often. Is there a rule of thumb on this? I am currently having the worst flair up I have ever had so I would really like to keep using my enbrel.

Nicolene, so sorry you’re not well. You’ve had a really rough go recently. The decision to skip Enbrel really should be made with your doc, but of course that’s not going to happen for several weeks, And here it is the weekend. Perhaps the best thing to do is to ring the Enbrel help line. Does your box of injectors have the number on it like mine does?
Hope you get better soon!

I think you should call your Rheumy on Monday. My Rheumy said not to hold it unless I had a fever over 100 degrees F. But I do not give out medical advise here. All I can tell you is what my Rheumy told me when I asked her. I have never held my Bio due to illness. I hope you are feeling better and on the mend soon.

My doctor is very conservative about this. I’m on my first biologic, and just started in the last six months. When I had a touch of a cold with no fever I was told to delay.

Thanks for the replies. My doc isn't conservative at all and it's so difficult to get a hold of him I don't bother anymore (will try and sort out this communication issue at my next visit as I know I need to be able to count on him with things like this)

So I decided to delayed my shot with 1 day as I started feeling better and never had a fever. I took my shot yesterday and I'm feeling a bit worse today but I normally feel a bit sick-ish the day after a shot so will hopefully be getting better again tomorrow!

I had told my kids that I'm going to avoid watching the grandkids when they're sick now that I'm on Enbrel.... however, we had to scratch that plan a couple times already, and so far I haven't caught any of their viruses. Today in fact, I watched our 2 yr old granddaughter who has been so darn sick the past few days. She started amoxycilin yesterday cuz the Dx was double ear infections. I'm not worried about catching that, except she has been really listless all day and not able to eat because it hurts so bad to swallow, so my daughter has her at the ER right now. I'm just sort of worried it's more than ear infections because I've never seen a kid get that sick from them. I'm afraid I'll be a wreck if I get sick and don't want to stop taking Enbrel! I'm with you, Nicolene, it's frustrating when you have to worry constantly about germs.