Second guessing myself

So the past 8 months I had to stop working because my PsA was so bad and I was getting sick all the time. (I worked at a Dr. office as a Clinical Assistant and before that I was a Phlebotomist at a hospital.) I have been on 2 biologics since then and none of them have been working. My flares are bad and there are days that I can’t even walk properly.
I am a very social person and not working has really gotten me depressed. There are days when I feel good for a while and then the pain and fatigue hit me like a Mac truck! I really want to work but I keep second guessing myself. My husband would like for me to work too and to help out a bit with expenses. I just feel helpless about this situation!

Of course it would be awesome if you could work! But I’m guessing if it was even slightly possible you would be doing it… It’s so easy to think your not too bad when your home all day only doing things you can do and taking a break whenever you need one…

That said… maybe you can do something like one morning a week? I have no clue what kind of job would let you do that though… but doctors assistant or flebotomist do come to mind… although taking blood was one of the first things I couldn’t do anymore…

Wanting to work and being able to work are two very different things at the end of the day. If you can find a place that understands your condition, is okay with you being part time with frequent call offs, I would go for it.

Of course, the other question is, are you doing PT or something similar right now to try and get to a point where you can move through the pain? If not, I would definitely bring that up with your rheum. Doing something like that may give you enough of a base that you can start working through the pain after a while.