Second covid infection

My entire family has now survived our second bout of covid over the holidays. We were all fully vaccinated this time around. What we noticed was that the symptoms were not necessarily milder, but the course of it was much shorter. The first time I was running a fever for 8 or 9 days. This time we were all fever free within 72 hours. The fatigue has been a bit tough for all of us.

I did have to go off my meds two full weeks after checking with my rheumatologist. The first week I had a fever, so that was a no-brainer. The second week was just to be super cautious, under doctor’s orders.

Stay safe folks. It’s definitely still pretty serious out there for a lot of people

1 Like

Sending love and healing vibes your way.

2 Likes

Well i believe we are getting hit here, daughter, tiredness and muscle Getting tested as soon as i find some or an appointment. No fever just tiredness and achey. We will see

1 Like

Not fun. Whatever the test shows, i hope she’s feeling better soon

1 Like

So glad you’re all more through the otherside now. And you’re certainly not the only ones to get it twice either. Thank god for vaccines though.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you all got it again! Glad the symptoms have been a lot shorter though. How is everything else holding up? Has it caused a flare of PsA or pericarditis?

I’m still trying to figure out what the chest pain is. You would think that it would be easier to figure out but it’s not. I definitely have increased tenderness to the touch. Deep breaths causes some lung discomfort still, but I can get the deep breaths in. I think the pericarditis has stepped up, but it’s not awful so I’m hoping that when I’m fully back on my meds that things will quiet down.

Yes, I can sure understands that, I mistook myocarditis for costochondritis right up until I landed in hospital :joy:.

Seriously though, I hope it subsides for you soon either way.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m also hoping that this isn’t the final straw for humira too. It’s not doing a fabulous job already, and that’s what happened with Enbrel last time.

Eek! Yes never great when it feels like one is clapping out. Crossed fingers for you

I do hope things settle down for you as you get better.