First infection

I had to stop methotrexate and enbrel this week. I had a sinus infection and bronchitis. I am starting on humira instead next week after I finish my antibiotics. Feel very yucky and fatigued. Hope I get well quick enough to start my humira on Tuesday.

Ugh! Sorry to hear this Scienceteach. Take good care of yourself and fingers crossed that you'll be feeling much better very soon.

Thanks it is a little hard to breathe air quality is bad it was 90 degrees today so I hope it gets better soon. Thanks 4 the well wishes.

Sybil said:

Ugh! Sorry to hear this Scienceteach. Take good care of yourself and fingers crossed that you'll be feeling much better very soon.

I'm happy to tell you the strep infection I got last year easily succumbed to treatment and I was back on Enbrel immediately after the 10-day course of penicillin. It sucks to be sick and worried about getting over something that normally wouldn't be much of an issue! Hopefully, you'll be fine soon!

Hang in there - it’s horrible to be ill! I’m on humira now - no massive improvement I’m afraid to say except for energy levels but hopefully it will be good for you!

Amazing how time seems to slow down when we feel bad but I promise you things will be good soon. Wishing you good luck with humira. The energy levels for me are a game changer plus my psoriasis and nails showing major improvement. The PSA part is slowly improving and keeping some of my pain at bay. My feet are beginning to show improvement and my hands have been better as well. I failed Enbrel as well so hang in there. I am not exactly where I want to be but I am possative this one is working. I just hope you have the same results.

It sure does seem slow when you feel lousy. I hope Humira will continue to give you improvement and hope it will help me as well.

Rachael said:

Amazing how time seems to slow down when we feel bad but I promise you things will be good soon. Wishing you good luck with humira. The energy levels for me are a game changer plus my psoriasis and nails showing major improvement. The PSA part is slowly improving and keeping some of my pain at bay. My feet are beginning to show improvement and my hands have been better as well. I failed Enbrel as well so hang in there. I am not exactly where I want to be but I am possative this one is working. I just hope you have the same results.

One day of pills left then the next day I start the humira. Should I wait more than one day or do you think it is safe to start humira right away after finishing the antibiotic.

IDK how long the methotrexate stays in your system. If you were just switching biologics, I'd say you could probably safely go ahead with the first Humira injection on schedule, but from what I've read, taking a biologic with MTX is a little harder on the immune system. On the one hand, you want to get the benefits of Humira ASAP, but on the other, you sure don't want the infection back! If you're at all like me, you'd ask your doctor what to do, but then still go with your own gut.