Done with Enbrel, started Humira. What differences has anyone found with the results?

I was on Enbrel for 4.5 months. At first it worked great. The past 4 weeks it only lasted 3-4 days. My doctor said that possibly I was producing antibodies to it. So I started Humira yesterday, and I also stopped taking Norco, so I didn't feel well at all today. I have taken hydrocodone for many years, but not continually. I want to stop. I want something that treats my symptoms.

Has anyone who switched from Enbrel to Humira seen much improvement? If so, what and how long before you saw the improvement? 'I'm hoping for good news but I am interested in any :)

Generally the biologics take 3-4 months for a trial. Many of us have switched back and forth between biologics, and one will work for awhile then stop. You'll just have to see how the Humira works. If it doesn't, there are more to try, so don't get discouraged!

I went from enbrel to Humira but had a really bad reaction to it. Went back to enbrel with a small dose of prednisone with it(5mg) and this seems to prolong the effect of Enbrel. Others use a co-dose of methotrexate or lefluminide with enbrel with the same outcome.

I was switched from enbrel to humira. The jury is still out as to the efficacy. Still having small flares and joint pain, but I know that I need to be patient also.

I came here today hoping to find this exact post. I am stopping Enbrel this week and going to Humira due to quick decline. My rheumy told me months ago that I'd get worse before better which is why I've stalled for months. I can't take it anymore so decided to make the change. If anyone has gone from E to H and noticed change please post on this thread. I also want to say that I started a pain patch called Butrans and it's great, though not covering my pain. It is so much better than taking a pill every 4-6 hours though. I'm really scared, as summer is right around the corner and I want to camp with my family. The PsA affects my feet, achilles tendon, wrists and fingers, thumb on both hands. My knees seek attention in the morning as well. I've also got neck, shoulder and back involvement. I am so hoping the change helps. Let us know how it worked for you!

I am feeling better ev everyday. Here is the discussion I posted today. http://discussion.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/forum/topics/am-i-crazy-to-think-i-will-be-able-to-run-soon?xg_source=activity

Do you also take MTX? Low dose MTX helps the biologics stay in your system longer.

No, I don't take MTX with Humira. I have an appointment next week, maybe I will ask about it.

By low dose I mean 3-4 pills a week. It has the same effect as taking your Humira more often.

I’ve been on mtx 4 months now,took plaquanil 4 the last yr but stopped that and started humira yesterday…its the only biologic ive had…soon as ik how its gonna work i’'ll let u no! He up my mtx along w/it,i get it in shot form…& u most deff need folic acid! I unferstand ur pain coming off lortabs,ive been on em 4 7 yrs,i hate taking em but ik i wouldnt b any good w/out em & that scares me from putting em down! Its awsome that u r,& nest of luck!

Was on humira for 2 years and it was very good. started getting some infections and flare ups. Rheum thought I was getting resistant to it so swapped me to enbrel. No improvement on this so for moment have come off anti tnf altogether for while, just subcut methotrexate. Hope humira works as well for you as it did for me. only thing was i found the injections quite painful.

I made the switch to Humira as well when Enbrel didnt work. I did see improvement with Humira & it ony took about 2-3 doses ( I am taking it every other week). Something else I noticed is that with Enbrel, I felt good a few days & that was it. I missed a dose when sick and boy did I feel it. With Humira, I have missed 2 doses because of infections & I wouldnt have guessed it because my joints havent been too bad.