Remicaid changed to 8 weeks from 5 weeks. need suggestions

Hello All. For one year I have been on Remicaid and it seems to be doing better than at first. I started at 6 week infusions, then went to every 5 weeks. Now my Coventry Insurance states that they will only pay for every 8 weeks. I am forced now to find an alternative. I was on humira for 5 years and it was a miracle, but slowly lost its effectiveness. What other drugs have worked? Im 44, ive had this delightful curse sine I was 16, but I wake up fighting everyday, cause If I don't have the will to win, I wont. Thanks

I hope you are all doing well.

Hi Christopher.

you've been fighting the fight for a long time. Sorry that the Humira stopped working. Seems like your rheumatologist ought to be able to go toe to toe with your insurance on your behalf. If the doctor believes that effective treatment for you on Remicaid is 5 weeks, then 5 weeks it is. I would ask your rheumatologist for his/her help as soon as you can. I am positive you are NOT the first person under your rheumatologist's care facing this with an insurer and your doctor probably knows what to do to help.

Hope you are still mustering up the energy to keep on fighting. You know you're not alone. I'm hoping for a "good news" blog from you soon about this insurance pain in the *ss! Chin up, buddy.

Agreed. If your doc says “pay” then pay they shall. He just needs to document the medical need and get the right forms off. Are you taking MTX as well? It work well at preventing antibody production against Humira and Remicade. Might want to discuss that.