Start Remicade Infusions Thursday

Let's see if the third biologic is the charm. Humira stopped working the second time, but was a wonder drug the first time. Simponi never worked for me.

Great news is my insurance company is paying 100% of the treatment, I only pay a $50 co-pay. I tried over a year ago, but they offered to pay only 75%. I stressed to them this time that all infusions are done in my Rheumy's office...that made all the difference and lowered the cost substantially.

Fingers crossed...right, they almost do that naturally...Ha

Good luck! Treat yourself with a fun magazine or something to make it more fun. When I was briefly on Remicade, I learned that a magazine, a coffee, slippers, and a cozy throw blanket made all the difference. I'd also suggest music or podcasts, or playing games on some electronic device. Whatever makes the time go faster! :)

I believe all the biologics have a copay card...it general pays copays 100% for something like 6 months, and then copays are only $10 or so after that. I'm not 100% sure on costs for Remicade, but it is something to look into. My insurance just started adding copays in January, and I haven't had to pay a cent in copays for Enbrel or Cimzia with the medication's copay cards.

Good luck with the treatment, let us know how it goes…hope its the charm :slight_smile:

Thank you both for the kind words, Marietta, great ideas to keep busy and warm. I'm in sales so I will have my work laptop with me also.

My insurance has always paid for the Humira and Simponi less my script co-pay, but the Remicade is being treated as a doctors visit. I did apply for RemiStart from Janssen also sent a card for $8,000 to cover short falls if any.

I hope Remicade does the trick for you. It works wonders for me! I try to think of my infusion time as ME time. I bring my Kindle - so books, games, internet, podcasts, etc. to entertain myself. I usually bring a chia drink or coffee and a snack. I'd suggest contacting your doctor's office to see what they allow you to bring to your infusion (food/drink) and if they have wifi if that's something that you'd be interested in.

Thanks NYM, I will update as I proceed through the process.

nym said:

I hope Remicade does the trick for you. It works wonders for me! I try to think of my infusion time as ME time. I bring my Kindle - so books, games, internet, podcasts, etc. to entertain myself. I usually bring a chia drink or coffee and a snack. I'd suggest contacting your doctor's office to see what they allow you to bring to your infusion (food/drink) and if they have wifi if that's something that you'd be interested in.

One hour into infusion and all is cool. Chilln' with laptop, headphones and blanket. Music is Dirty Heads...great!

You may as well relax and enjoy the leisure! Shut your eyes and pretend you're on the beach under a palm tree ... oh ya, with a margarita next to you.

Hope it goes well!

All went well today, praying this biologic works this time. The infusion was relaxing and spent the time well with my wife, she was great company.

Thank you Seenie, I live five miles from the beach and palm trees are everywhere. My idea of relaxing is snow outside and a big fire...the margarita goes great with either...Ha. I'm sure the people up north think I'm nuts, but I get enough of the heat and sand.

Seenie said:

You may as well relax and enjoy the leisure! Shut your eyes and pretend you're on the beach under a palm tree ... oh ya, with a margarita next to you.

Hope it goes well!

Fingers crossed for you. Hope you get some biologic relief!