Remicade dosage frequency

Seems like Remicade is helping for 6 weeks out of 8, so they are going to try an do the infusion every 6 weeks. I showed the Doc my hobbit feet, she likes the discription…

Here is my hobbit feet…

Glad to hear you are moving to 6 weeks, and hoping that will tip your immune system over the edge into staying quiet.

Like those hobbit feet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That sounds sensible and like Jen I hope it persuades your immune system to behave. And yeah to the feet!:upside_down_face:

Hobbit feet!! I beg your pardon! Those are my feet, I swear. Hang on, my toes are contracted on the left foot. Actually your feet win hands down, or feet down, mine are much uglier. Things could be a lot worse on the feet front by the looks of it Jon.

2 Likes

I am just going by the feel…
I have Erythrmyalgia also, so they burn, and also they swell up, but they look good…

My feet often feel like I am walking around with stone sandals…

1 Like

I’ve had three different series on Remcade. First time was for a year and it only helped with my lesions. Then my Rheum doc changed me to another drug Simponi which helped me get pneumonia for 6 weeks. So we went back to Remicade, it did nothing the second time round. Then I took myself off all meds for three years, other then aleve. The third session on Remicade, which is now, has been for a year, every 6 weeks like normal, after the initial booster weeks. I hurt while it goes in, very tired that day and the next, stay in bed mostly. It again only helps keep my lesions away in the winter, about 80% away. Summers, it is like 95% away.

1 Like

My Rheumy said that it if you stop it thrn start it again your body might make antibodies to neutralize the Remicade. Good to hear it worked the third time around!

1 Like

Yes, I knew there was a chance it would not work again if I was taken off it. And then next drug I was on, Simponi, helping me get pneumonia. I was a tad ticked off. I hadn’t really wanted to change, but my rheum doc
did.