Raynaud's disease (syndrome)

I have been having strange numbness, tingling, and redness in my hands and white finger tips. I seatched online and found pictures; Raynaud’s was a perfect match. I took a picture of my hands to show my doctor. Does anyone else have this? I found that it can be related to lupus and PsA. Sometimes it is brought on by cold or emotional distress.

It's not uncommon for people with autoimmune diseases to have Raynaud's. I started off with this. The rule of thumb is to make sure that you stay warm. As a general rule, it is more of a hassle than anything else, but it can progress to where you can develop frostbite, and even gangrene due to frostbite. That sounds extreme, and it is.

I had frostbite once, on my toes. Since then, I wear insulated shoes and boots in the colder weather, and this starts early in the season, when it's still in the 50's. I also wear gloves or at least arm warmers, again, from early. Keeping my body warm helps too. At this point, it's just a habit. I've had Raynaud's since I was a kid, and it got worse about 11 years ago.

i have ne er heard of it before. .its rather painful too

I too have been recently diagnosed with Raynaud's. Those hot hands things the hunters use are among my arsenal for keeping fingers and toes warm when it is super cold.