Questions regarding Biologics

I was wondering if anyone has some of the issues, that I have experienced on biologics. The first one I started on was Simponi around two years ago. I had discontinue it, due to major breathing issues. So, it was stopped around a year of taking it. It was a shame, because it was working really well. Now, I am on Taltz. The breathing issues did not decrease, after discontinuing the Simponi. Doctors now say, that I am moderate to severe asmatic. On the Simponi, now for a year and I have developed bad psoriasis. When I was a kid, I had a few very small patches of psoriasis. They cleared up, and I have never had it again until now. The psoriasis now, covers 1/4 of my body. The thing that I do not understand is that Taltz, is used for people with breathing issues and to treat psoriasis. What’s up??? Doctors are waiting to my skin biopsy comes back, then they want me to switch to another biologic. Again, the Taltz has been awsome treating my psoriatic arthritis. Looking here, if anyone else has experienced any of this. Stay safe😀

Imaraldi a biosimilar to humira reignited my asthma. I’m a life long asthmatic but till then had been doing really well for the previous 10 to 15 years. As a consequence I only lasted on it for 8 weeks. I’m now on Cosentyx (not too dissimilar to Talz) and doing pretty good. My lung function is also better.

I had horrid psoriasis as a teenager but it disappeared in my 30’s when I badly fractured my shoulder. And then I developed PsA aged 54. I remain having little or no psoriasis.

So sorry this isn’t more help to you.

A flare of P is not unusual with Bios especially as you start to wind down the half life before your next injection OR right after an injection (but yours is WAY out of hand) The answer for me (I’m on an IV med now) is more frequent dosing (a P flare normally qualifies you) and an adjustment in your DMARD or adding one. That being said I far prefer the P to the A so treat the P with topicals and Light therapy from my dermie…

1 Like