Psoriasis getting worse! on scalp mainly

Over this past couple months my psoriasis has been getting worse…it’s mainly on my scalp &as I’ve long hair it stays ‘hidden’ most of the time…but as I said…now getting worse and is creeping slowly &surely past my hairline where it’s getting more visible! I know it’s not a major thing…but as it’s on my head… Most visible part of anyone I feel it’s quite noticeable &its getting to the unsightly skin peeling…scaly looking stage (near all the time…) that &just being surrounded by angry red skin doesn’t help ‘the look’

Does anyone have any suggestions? Lotions…(potions…?!) that they’ve found to help? A particular Shampoo…r… conditioner?

On a happy note though my arthritis (particularly in feet!) has/ is settling down for the first time in near 2 odd years :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I found a wonderful product my dermatologist prescribed. Olux - it is a foam--I use it very sparingly and it keeps the psoriasis at bay for 6 months or more. I hope the generic works for you. I wasn't able to unfortunately. I think it is only for the scalp area.

Ask your doc..wishing you relief.

Gentle hugs

Karen

I kept my scalp psoriasis under control by washing my hair 3x a week with MG217 medicated shampoo for psoriasis. After about 35 years of scalp psoriasis trying every prescription product imaginable and towards the end nothing worked at all other than applying betamethasone 2x a day religiously, which only stopped the itching. Once I started MG217 I didn't need to apply anything else to my scalp. Now, since I'm on Enbrel, I don't have any scalp psoriasis! It's difficult to find in the stores--I had to purchase it online. Also, if you use it, you need to rub it into your scalp good and delay rinsing for about 3 minutes.

Many thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile: I’m going to do a little research… Buy them… Use them… See what works!! :slight_smile:

I use neutrogena T-Gel twice a week. It helps.