PsA "Welcome" Package

This is just for fun :). I was thinking the other day of all the things i've gathered to help with everyday life having PsA. So if you knew someone who was recently diagnosed, other than information, what would you give them in a "welcome" package?

Here is what I would include:

hot pack

cold pack

funky folding cane

wrist splints

jar opener

sensitive skin sun block (thank MTX for making me sensitive to the sun!)

ginger tea to help with nausea (once more, thanks MTX!)

steroid cream for P outbreaks

pill containers

compression gloves/socks

lots of chocolate and hugs :)

I've got to look into a jar opener. I can't count the times I've struggled with one and had to hand it off to my wife who said "That wasn't even tight".

A food processor! LOL

I am currently looking into a tub lift so that I can soak when I hurt and still be able to get out of the tub but they are super expensive. Forgive me for being graphic, but I am also going to get a butt wiper so I can keep clean when flaring. Has anyone tried the foot sling type of things for stretching the achilles tendon?

A REALLY comfortable bed so when I'm completely fatigued and want to stay in bed for 12 hours, it is a lovely place to be...

Oh and a nanny to entertain the children.

LOL! Indeed :)

Seenie said:

A food processor! LOL

Stand mixer

Vitamix blender

Medicine bottle opener (makes it easier to grip)

Memory foam mattress / mattress topper

Memory foam pillow

Fun bumper stickers and magnets to decorate wheelchair

Oh absolutely! I'd be lost without my food processor.

Seenie said:

A food processor! LOL

I had some achilles tendon issues and was stuck in a walking boot-thing for 8 weeks. My doc suggested getting a splint for wearing at night to keep the foot flexed and I still turn to that when the achilles tendon decides to be a punk and start bothering me. It really helps!

Spinning Diva~ said:

I am currently looking into a tub lift so that I can soak when I hurt and still be able to get out of the tub but they are super expensive. Forgive me for being graphic, but I am also going to get a butt wiper so I can keep clean when flaring. Has anyone tried the foot sling type of things for stretching the achilles tendon?

I'd add a heated mattress pad - I adore mine. Plus my cats love it and so are more likely to come and hang out with me!

You’ve covered the major ones! Can’t live without my heating pad or wrist splints when I need them. I would add Voltaren gel (although it can be hit or miss) and Merrill walking shoes (the ortholite ones).