Pain

Question,…just because I have this arthritic condition does this mean every time a joint hurts it has to be related to the arthritic condition? For instance, wrist hurt especially wen I twist them. Does this always mean arthritist?

Dear Rebel mom,

That is a question that I would also like an answer to, especially about the wrists. I had all of the nerve and muscle tests conducted by a Neurologist, with only mild carpal tunnel found, but I have to tell you that I have other Autoimmune diseases and still others suspected, so it is difficult for me to know. My Rheumatologist is right now trying to slow the PsA progression of the joints. My first question to him will be about the wrists. It could be the tendons too, who knows?

Hope we both soon get some answers and relief, it's complicated sometimes, you know!

Hugs to you,

SK

You may not have arthritis but as this disease causes inflammation in the tendons it is highly likely that your PsA is the cause of your soreness. I get it in mine and voltaren anti-inflam. gel eases the soresness.

As of right now, I have not been formally diagnosed with anything the internist just says I have psa due to my patches. I have been waiting seven months to see a rhumey. My appointment is one month away. The internist has put me on mtx, anti-inflammatory, and 5mg of predisone just because he hates seeing me suffer. My hands are so bad that I have to stop driving! If this is how it is going to be I do not know if I can survive. I just hope when I see the rhumey I am not too far gone!!!

If it's that bad the gel will not make much difference. Before I had an official diagnosis of PsA my hands and wrists were similar to yours; I couldn't do up my shoe laces, pull on socks, cut a sandwich etc. 10 years later they are much improved with much lower levels of pain and I can do most things. Good luck with your appointment.

Update.. I NOW CANNOT DRIVE DUE TO MY WRIST. I have cried all day yesterday. Has anyone taken or taking an antidepression with all of their medicine?

I take Lexapro and it does help. I also use Salon-pas patches which are over the counter. I also use joint supports which I also buy over the counter. I also alternate heat and ice. I now take Celebrex as a NSAID is really important when tendons are inflammed. Are you on Ibuprofen or Aleve? Before Celebrex I took 2 Aleve in the morning and 2 at night and Tylenol every 4 hours which is not an anti-inflammatory but helps with any pain the Aleve did not get. I hope you are feeling better soon. Being in the much pain is soooo hard and frustrating as all of us seem to know. My thoughts and prayers are with you Rebel Mom.

I am on mobic for anti inflammatory, Celebrex I tried but I got a rash on my back. Tried viimova which was ok but did nothing for pain. I take a lorotab at night for pain.