Pain Management Doctor

I just came from my Pain Management Doctor and he is limiting my access to Percocet. He wants to do the RFI nerve burning to treat me, but last time my insurance denied it. I have arthritis in my sacroiliac joints. He told me he couldn't prescribe the Percocet to me anymore due to the new laws that came out last year. I can't take motrin, or aspirin or anything else but Tylenol because I have a stomach ulcer. He told me he couldn't treat me unless I quit working. I was stunned! I don't want to quit working but I don't want to continue living with this pain. What are my options???

Just a minute ... he wants you to quit working. I thought the usual objective is to treat people so that they can continue to work and be productive. I'm wondering whether you should be getting a second opinion on this.

I'm so sorry that you are being put through this: coping with pain is bad enough without the added challenges being thrown your way.

I wish I could be of more help, but I'm not American and don't know enough about how your system works (or more likely doesn't work!) for pain management.

I am thinking of getting a second opinion. I really love my job and am not ready to quit working. I'm only 50. He's been prescribing me percocet for the last two years and suddenly he's concerned I might get addicted?? Sigh....

Seenie said:

Just a minute ... he wants you to quit working. I thought the usual objective is to treat people so that they can continue to work and be productive. I'm wondering whether you should be getting a second opinion on this.

I'm so sorry that you are being put through this: coping with pain is bad enough without the added challenges being thrown your way.

I wish I could be of more help, but I'm not American and don't know enough about how your system works (or more likely doesn't work!) for pain management.