Our Seenie is Famous

Well sort of… Nice slide show But Slide 5 is the Best! BTW Our staff is out there and active as well as speaking at major events more than you might think:

TJ, Seenie’s Other Half

3 Likes

Go Seenie! I love the printed card idea. I should do something like that for the surgery recovery.

Ouch! What did you do? The answer that I broke and didn’t heal gets a little bit old, really fast.

1 Like

“8 things never to say” was a good read! So often I read people’s minds when I am functioning well on the outside but being yelled at by the joint inflammation. They have no idea as to how much pain meds I am on to be able to “look” ok and not draw attention. I guess all 8 things wouldn’t fit on the front and back of a t-shirt.

3 Likes

Bahahahaha I only agreed to be quoted if Ben’s Friends got a good big plug.

The correspondence I had with the author was amusing, but only a small proportion of what I “fed” her got into the article. Still, worthwhile I think!

One of the things half-jokingly suggested was a t-shirt (yes, Amos …):
Front: I have Psoriatic Arthropathy.
Back: What’s your excuse?

LOL

5 Likes

Love the t-shirt idea!

Love the t-shirt idea!

Kinda badass though. Not part of my image. :innocent: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh man! And I’ve been calling it “Arthropithy”!
So important to get the terminology right when making fund raising T-Shirts. Maybe time for a contest for the best PsA educational shirt?
Here is my first suggestion:
“My PSA is fine, it’s my PsA that’s the problem!”

2 Likes

Ohhhhh, that’s subtle! :joy:

1 Like

love it, if only it were true

1 Like

Front: ‘I’m knackered’. Back: ‘Still knackered’.

Seenie, I love what you’re doing for us patients.

4 Likes

Haha! That’s great! “Knackered” isn’t in the Canadian English dictionary. Is that the King James Version?

2 Likes

Over here in Oz knackered can colloquially mean two things simultaneously - exhausted, and to have one’s testicles removed - which I think makes it a particularly appropriate way to explain how PsA makes you feel :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Well, that is fitting: “no drive, no zip, tired and pooped”
I need a bigger t-shirt for this: “late 16th century (originally denoting a harness-maker, then a slaughterer of horses): possibly from obsolete knack ‘trinket’. The word also had the sense ‘old worn-out horse’ (late 18th century). knacker (sense 2 of the noun) may be from dialect knacker ‘castanet’, from obsolete knack ‘make a sharp abrupt noise’, of imitative origin. It is unclear whether the verb represents a figurative use of ‘slaughter’, from knacker (sense 1 of the noun), or of ‘castrate’, from knacker (sense 2 of the noun).”
I’ll seek the wisdom of my rheumy before taking shirt orders! Thanks@Jen75!

3 Likes

I always wanted a tee shirt with an owl on front and on the back “Too Pooped To Give a Hoot”

4 Likes

That’s well put together and very accurate. It’s worth saying that, alas, people say equally stupid things about my bipolar.

When I went back to work after a period off sick, my line manager said she wanted to check my work while I was “still feeling unstable.”. Another great response from someone was “you don’t look mad!”. Thankfully things have improved when it comes to general knowledge about these things, but not enough - same with PsA. As for the line manager, we’ll try and forget her other gems - if I was working there now, I’d have caused quite a furore over some of her other comments!

2 Likes

@darinfan Just casually name drop Beethoven, Leonardo or similar who had bipolar before you, and keep on
All the best,

2 Likes

What I’m doing? What did I …what are you accusing me of now? LOL

Me, I love the vocabulary work we are doing here.

The slideshow, your contribution …

You had me worried there, for a moment I thought I’d written rubbish on the wrong thread … or the wrong forum … But I think I’m still contributing my nonsense on the right thread - progress!

Wow, that’s a jaw-dropping comment for someone with bi-polar. Though I’d have been quite chuffed if anyone had ever said that to me in the workplace, I fear the opposite applied.

@Amos ‘chuffed’ = pleased, happy with outcome. As in ‘not knackered today, dead chuffed!’ And actually I have woken up un-knackered! And am extremely chuffed about that.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Now my brain and sides hurt!

1 Like