You Know You Have PsA When

One of the things about living with psoriatic arthritis is that often our perspectives change as we learn to live with the ups and downs of the disease. A sense of humor always comes in handy, and I often find myself laughing at circumstances I most likely wouldn't have before diagnosis.

I have my third MRI in as many months today, finally. I'm unreasonably excited about this. It's like Christmas! LOL You know you have PsA, when you look forward to an MRI as much as you look forward to Christmas morning .

This morning my hand wouldn't open up, and I was "threatening" my kids with "THE CLAW." We had lots of good laughs, and it was a great way to start the day, despite the pain. You know you have PsA when you turn physical maladies into entertainment.

Anyone have similar experiences with finding the humor (or ridiculousness) in living with PsA? Please share!

You know you have PsA when you start. Buying quality plastic glassware - not for the weekend BBQ, but everyday use! We often laugh at my clumsiness - but it’s great because I have a 5 year old and we can use our plastic glasses and plates together :slight_smile:

You know you've got PsA when the hottest thing on your calendar is your weekly date with the auto-injector. LOL

You know you've got PsA when not only do my own kids know where the grippies are to help open jars and cans are, but so do the kids I watch in the morning.

So loving this conversation! Nym I am with you on the Christmas comparison. Finally go Monday to see rheumy for starting Enbrel and its all I think about. This appointment is almost keeping me up at night if not for the fatigue but every pain I endure I tell myself its almost here! Swollen fingers and stabs in the back keep telling me my present is on the way.
You know you have PSA when you use a 3 ft pry bar as a cane.

1. When you can’t sit in the car for 10 minutes without feeling like your butts on fire.
  2. When it takes you 15 minutes just get body move when you wake up.
  3. When you kill your hands opening a bottle of water, just drop it when you pick it up.

"Like"

Seenie said:

You know you've got PsA when the hottest thing on your calendar is your weekly date with the auto-injector. LOL

You know you have PsA when getting out of bed in the morning is dreaded because those first steps are going to be almost impossible to bear and the rest of your day isn't going to be much easier--going to bed at night is a double-edged sword because you're so exhausted from fighting through it all day and you NEED rest, but you know you'll be uncomfortable all night and there's the next day to not look forward to. :-(

You know you have PsA when even though it's summertime, there are times when you're buried under a warm blanket at work and at home.

It is most definitely NOT summertime here--14" of snow on the ground, -9 at 8:53 a.m.; the "high" today will be 5; even worse expected tomorrow morning. I'm under my electric blanket and another blanket with two cats at my feet and a dog snoring beside me.

You know you've got PsA when, as a woman, you understand that answering this question on the rheumatologist intake chart isn't at all weird: "how long does your morning stiffness last?"

You know you have PSA when you get a muscle spasm going to the bathroom! Plus I’m looking forward to meeting a new Rhumy. We got plastic ware too. These golden years seem a little rusty!

You know you've got PsA when you have a series of photos saved on your computer in a folder called "random swollen body parts"

You know you have PsA when;

- You might scream if you try getting out of bed without preparing your mind and body first, because it feels like your back and your legs are being pulled in two different directions and you will be cut in half.

- Those first steps in the morning or after sitting too much is like walking on a pebbly beach. And you wobble a bit before you manage to stand upright.

- You have "surprise" joint pains throughout the day.

- You dread walking up the stairs because it "might" hurt.

- You look forward to an MRI because you might finally have a sense of what's going on in your body.

- You feel older than your grandma, obviously.

You know you have PsA when... you forget, sit on the floor and can't get up... everyone laughs hilariously with you as you try your hardest, then someone finally takes pity on you and pulls you up. But it doesn't end there, the laughter continues as you look like the abominable snowman trying to straighten up and walk. A sense of humor is MOST important!!! LOL!

I'm loving this! The good, the bad, the ugly,and the hysterically funny helps us all to feel not so alone! I resonate with so many of these!

You know you have PsA when....
- You base your schedule on when you take your meds / get your infusion.

- Your grandfather-in-law, who had a stroke and now uses a walker calls checking in on you because you're so much worse off than him (except I'm not, because I have a sense of humor about it all and doesn't).

- You fling objects across the room or at people quite accidentally when your hand decides it's no longer holding on to whatever is in it, especially if you talk with your hands.

- You take your children to the eye doctor and she takes one look at you, admonishes you for not using your eye drops that morning, and reminds you to call her the next day if your red eye is still red.

- All you want all day is to take a nap, but then when you try you can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

LOL... Laughing about the hand thing... I try to warn people when they eat with us for the first time. My fork has been know to have a mind of it's own... hahaha!!!

nym said:

I'm loving this! The good, the bad, the ugly,and the hysterically funny helps us all to feel not so alone! I resonate with so many of these!

You know you have PsA when....
- You base your schedule on when you take your meds / get your infusion.

- Your grandfather-in-law, who had a stroke and now uses a walker calls checking in on you because you're so much worse off than him (except I'm not, because I have a sense of humor about it all and doesn't).

- You fling objects across the room or at people quite accidentally when your hand decides it's no longer holding on to whatever is in it, especially if you talk with your hands.

- You take your children to the eye doctor and she takes one look at you, admonishes you for not using your eye drops that morning, and reminds you to call her the next day if your red eye is still red.

- All you want all day is to take a nap, but then when you try you can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

Janeatiu, that was a LMAO comment!

janeatiu said:

You know you've got PsA when you have a series of photos saved on your computer in a folder called "random swollen body parts"

Hi LL! And it's sh#**! When you have to know that at your age!

ladylazarus said:

You know you have PsA when;

- You might scream if you try getting out of bed without preparing your mind and body first, because it feels like your back and your legs are being pulled in two different directions and you will be cut in half.

- Those first steps in the morning or after sitting too much is like walking on a pebbly beach. And you wobble a bit before you manage to stand upright.

- You have "surprise" joint pains throughout the day.

- You dread walking up the stairs because it "might" hurt.

- You look forward to an MRI because you might finally have a sense of what's going on in your body.

- You feel older than your grandma, obviously.

I knew I had PsA for sure when I finally gave up fighting and denying it was wrecking my body and went on Enbrel! And I know I have PsA because Enbrel has worked so well to reduce the symptoms, and I look forward to the injection every week!

You know you have PSA when coffee just tastes good and red bull doesn’t give you wings!