You Know You Have PsA When

By the way TGIF!!!

Hi Grandma J, well, this is for you then - you know you have PsA when age is just a number and in PsA universe 26 is older than 76 :)

Grandma J said:

Hi LL! And it's sh#**! When you have to know that at your age!

:frowning:

ladylazarus said:

Hi Grandma J, well, this is for you then - you know you have PsA when age is just a number and in PsA universe 26 is older than 76 :slight_smile:

Grandma J said:

Hi LL! And it’s sh#**! When you have to know that at your age!

You know you have PsA:

-when you snap, crackle and pop as loud as your bowl of cereal.

-Saying you're gonna go do lots and lots of drugs doesn't sound like a bad idea at all

-when you're doing a creaky happy dance cuz infusion is tomorrow, whee!

-when your coworkers stop to see if you're going to be able to get up out of a chair unassisted, cuz helping you will lead to a different torrent of obscenities

-when the lady in the wheelchair says you're in rough shape as you help push her along

-No, I totally didn't drop that big can of olives on accident, I was meaning to fling it onto my already inflamed toe because Duh, why not! It's all swollen and angry already anyway!

You know you have PsA when.......you fall down the stairs in a controlled roll because you're so used to doing it, and your son complains he though the noise was the beginning of "Eastenders"!!! (Sorry that's probably more for the Brits)

You know you have PsA when......your partner laughs at your text replies because of the amount of times autocorrect makes your messages even more mangled than your crap typing!

I needed this!! Thanks everyone. Most of mine have already been said. The walking on pebbly beach thing, drop EVERYTHING, and the butt in the car. Also my heels and toes going to sleep, all the time! Hands too.

You know you have PsA when you cannot keep up with your mother at the mall, your children have to help you open things, your friends stop calling because they do not want to be reminded how ones health can down hill at blink of an eye and how you look through PT magazines looking for things to help you get through your day.

janeatiu said:

You know you've got PsA when, as a woman, you understand that answering this question on the rheumatologist intake chart isn't at all weird: "how long does your morning stiffness last?"

HAHAHAHHAHA this made me spit out my coffee!!’

You start calling everything an "itis"
As in “my backitis is acting up”

People around you start referring to your most arhritic parts as their own entity.

“How’s your back doing lately? And how are you doing?”

You can point out where certain joints are located on other species and wonder things like “I wonder if my dogs SI joints ever bother him?”

Yes, I love it when people ask about my arthritis at work like its a bad cold that I can shake off! Do you still have arthritis??

On a bad day, I think I could actually literally choke and die on too much perkiness from coworkers, LOL.

You know when you have PSA when you're taking your cousin to the airport 15 minutes away, and take the wrong exit twice because your brain is in such a fog that you forget where you're going. I'm not losing it, and I DO live here, I'm just at the tail end of a flare, and my brain is full! LOL!

Oh yes! They do that at my work, too! They just can’t get it through their heads that this is chronic inflammation and damage that will always be around to some degree. They seem to think it’s the same as osteoarthritis, or you’re right–a cold that goes away!
My boss was actually sort of rude when my back was out and I told her I couldn’t lift my leg. She laughed and made a joke about a dog lifting its leg to pee. I didn’t laugh.

Mel B said:

Yes, I love it when people ask about my arthritis at work like its a bad cold that I can shake off! Do you still have arthritis??

On a bad day, I think I could actually literally choke and die on too much perkiness from coworkers, LOL.

THIS!!!!

West_CoastMeg said:

People around you start referring to your most arhritic parts as their own entity.

"How's your back doing lately? And how are you doing?"

You know you have PsA when you've been limping around, humped over for weeks, surviving on NSAIDs (including the Ibuprofen your rheumy doesn't like you taking), muscle relaxers, taking 1/4 of a Percocet at night and even then waking up 4-5 times because your hip is in fits. You keep going to work; in fact, you have the highest workload point total of your colleagues AND you also take less time to file pleadings.

You see a new ortho, who schedules you for an intra-articular hip injection. If you thought you knew pain before then, you thought wrong, but you soldier through for the next six days until the injection.

Your Facebook update is "we are cautiously optimistic about the injection yesterday. No pain like I've experienced the last six weeks, some burn-y twinges and some aches like a bruise. I have less of a limp, can move better and sitting down is not an exercise in just get it done. Best of all, I SLEPT BETTER LAST NIGHT THAN AT ANY TIME IN THE LAST SIX WEEKS! I doubt I would have awakened until this morning but I had a coughing fit and then got choked on the peppermint lozenge when water didn't work."

You're feeling better than you have in a long while; you're feeling hopeful (again). Your colleagues wonder when you'll "catch a break," despite all the education you do about how inflammatory arthritis is not the sort of disease where you--or it--take breaks.

You know you have PsA when you walk around the house with big armfuls of assorted clean laundry, magazines, a laptop charger, dirty dishes, a cellphone and a bag of dog food because you are trying to avoid unnecessary steps. And then you are reminded that you have PsA when you drop one of the things and you can’t pick it up. And then you make a mental note to use a laundry hamper next time, because after all you have PsA. And then you realize that you did that last time and the hamper is upstairs.

LOL, Seenie! Ain't it the truth!

Seenie said:

You know you have PsA when you walk around the house with big armfuls of assorted clean laundry, magazines, a laptop charger, dirty dishes, a cellphone and a bag of dog food because you are trying to avoid unnecessary steps. And then you are reminded that you have PsA when you drop one of the things and you can't pick it up. And then you make a mental note to use a laundry hamper next time, because after all you have PsA. And then you realize that you did that last time and the hamper is upstairs.

Ha ha and you know when you have PsA because there are piles of things at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for someone to carry them up, and things at the top of the stairs, waiting to be carried down. And then there is the bag by the door, to be taken out to the car … ETC

I walk around aimlessly. My husband asks what I'm looking for, but I can't remember. I'll know it when I see it, or after I sit down and get comfy under my heated blanket.

Seenie, you are hilarious! Put Mel B’s response together with yours. You know you have PSA when you have piles to move up and down stairs but forget all about them until you already made the trek! Then you “organize” them to at least look tidy before company comes by because picking up the rest of the house already exhausted you. This is such a fun thread!

True. Having PsA has made me think a lot about the hereafter. Wherever I go, I think to myself “What am I here after?”