Oh dear, Ive done it again!

A good friend of mine was in a pickle so I opened my mouth and offered help…like you do. So now I’ve got 2 house guests in the shape of 2 Labradors! Oh how Id forgotten how much rubbish a Lab can plough through (had to wrestle the bins contents from my new friends) how much it hurts when your cat(who’s never lived with dogs) climbs your bare arms to be able to perch on your head and stay there by the way of securing claws to scalp!

Am I the only one who does this when going through a good patch? Forgets you still have limitations and think you can revert to what you used to be able to do with ease?

Nope, I bite off more than I can chew all the time also. I am trying to learn my lesson and make better choices for my situation in the future. It’s hard though, not being involved in life the way you want to be. Good luck with the labs I hope they start taking it easier on you! :slight_smile:

I definitely have the habit of forgetting my limitations! I am grateful that I have family and friends around to remind me of them in a kind, loving way.

Perhaps this will be a boon to you in the future, and your friend will help you just as much when you're not feeling well. That's how I like to think of it when I realize I took on a bit more in my helpful ways than I can handle. :)

Of course! But I do think that you’ve set a high water mark for us with this one, Louise! And when then when your furry friends leave, you will be finding hair everywhere! You’ll be hoovering for weeks.
Nice of you, though, to offer. :wink:

Been there and done that. I wound up at one point this summer with a dog for a night or two, in addition to my 2 cats and a foster kitten that was still being syringe fed. As soon as I said yes to the dog I was ready to kick myself. Especially because the person that I said yes to was being challenging.

Oh, and the dog was food aggressive towards my goofy boy cat who likes to share dog food. The dog's saving grace was that she preferred to go potty tied outside, rather than going for a walk.

Thank you for the laugh. Yes, I do this, too. Then, when I’m not going through a good patch, I end up torturing myself occasionally by thinking how many things I should be doing for family, friends, house, dogs, etc. At least we got rid of the turtle so that I don’t have to worry about whether or not my husband has fed him and changed his water. Haha

I agree, though, that you have set the bar pretty high for the rest of us. (However, a few years ago, I volunteered to keep my mom’s green house full of orchids healthy while she was out of town for over a week. She lives 19 miles away, and they needed attention almost every day. It definitely was not something I will do again for that long. Thankfully, she said that they looked better than when she left. That wasn’t enough to make me want to do it again, though. The next summer, she learned how to use the timer/sprinkler system in the green house.)

I love labs Louise but I get it. I think those of us in "helping" professions may have a struggle with this. I have hired 2 high school girls to help me around the house. I tend to run around doing everything and paying them to watch me! I need to let go of my fear of asking for things. It is fine that I have a snack with them when one or the other gets here after a day at school but I need to get to a place where I they are waiting on me instead of me waiting on them! Aren't we to funny! I'll trade your labs for 2 high schoolers!