Now you come to mention it ..the short term memory, numb hands and tingling?

It is a bad thing to read those law suits, but a few more things have rung bells. the numbness and tingling is described by a few - which I remember now although I didnt connect with Humira at the time. .Some describe cognitive changes- memory loss as a precursor to MS which it has been reported to precipitate in a few unlucky people.. My short term memory has disintegrated, but I put that down to my surgical menopause caused, Im sure, by being on prednisolone and Indomethacin for ten years. never put any thing down to anything. Just tell the doc. List every change- temperature stuff, not being able to hold stuff, like a bit of odd coordination - I did mention that to my rheumatologist once! Memory stuff. Be precise- know the risks and watch for symptoms. if I had read that list of symptoms on the law suit page I would have been more careful. Dont take the chance, write everything down. date it. If there is a lawsuit, maybe you will get a pay out. But enjoy the mobility, its a blessing x

Hi Melanie!

I just talked to my Rheumy about the memory problems, and he told me it was from pain, chronic pain and lack of proper sleep!

I have the numb arms and hands, especially the outside fingers, he told me that nerve was connected to the neck. Probably whip lash related!

They keep testing me for MS and SLE, like I don't already have enough. 3 clean brain MRIs so far, so I am keeping my hopes it stays that way!

Good luck to you.

SK

Thanks SK .Im sure the memory problems are drug related. Its not that funny when your children keep saying you've got Alzheimers. The outside finger I definitely relate to - I used to keep pinching myself to see if I felt any pain. I would recommend logging everything, and lets hope all stays well with you. My best wishes, sleep well and don't let the rheumy convince you of anything! He can't feel it x

All this talk of memory issues makes me nervous. As SK knows I had a SPECT scan which came back abnormal with severe hypoprofusion . My psych testing came back normal Supposedly you can not have one abnormal & one normal to be diagnosed with Alzheimers. So as of now I am in the process of re-peating all the tests. Some how I believe the auto immune is the culprit in all this. As I am also recently found to be pre-diabetic as well. Hence the autoimmune now is attacking the pancreas. I was also my memory issues was probably due to the pain & lack of sleep but my neurologist wants to repeat the tests to be sure. I am on remacaide infusions & my neurologist feel if it is auto immune related that the remacide should improve my next SPECT test results. Will keep you posted.

good luck. its so difficult to know what causes what, and so subjective. i am so much healthier since i cut practically all carbs out of my diet, as I am sure I was pre diabetic. Now my feet are so much healthier- no hard skin and generally better mental function - much better temperature control too- before I was too hot or too cold- my hrt- hormonal replacement therapy hasnt changed but i have fewer flush type symptoms. I am sure carbs are to blame, and medication x

It is a side effect of Humira which is not much discussed- Humira is now documented to have caused MS - multiple sclerosis - in some people- so always note tingling, and changes in mental functioning that are not obviously stress related and keep a record so you can discuss symtoms. Not all rheumatologists are as up to date as they could be x