I cant thank this group enough for letting US be US and not feel crazy, strange or alone. With that being said i have been wanting to ask some "strange" questions and had to talk myself into putting them in print. I know that we can say anything on here and not be judged but these questions are a little far out but here goes............
1. Does anyone ever feel like your bones NOT joints are being attacked - I describe the feeling to my hubby as it feels like something is literally scrapping/eating my bones from the inside.
2. Does anyone get what i describe as quick electrical shocks in the fingers - they only last a second but can make you jump in pain?
3. Does the sun make you swell? (mainly my face under the jaw)
4. Does this disease effect your memory? even sitting here I am having a hard time trying to remember my questions that I wanted to ask?
5. Here is a tough one to ask but here goes.... does anyone know if this disease shortens ones life span?
I hope I haven't asked questions that are to strange. cant wait to hear what you have to say.
Recent studies have dis proven the life span issues....
In fact they have found in the UK aggressive treatment has positive effect on life span. But then PsA effects every system in the body, so every system is monitored catching things that might kill us with or without PsA
Yes, my bones hurt, not just the joint area. Yes, to the finger pain and difficulty bending the finger is immediate. I have not connected the sun to swelling, heat is what makes me feel better nearly all of the time, of course intense heat with opressive humidity is out, but I'm a very warm bath and heating pad person. Yes, to the memory, some days I can ask my husband the same questions 4-6 times, he always answers and for some reason it simply does not stick! I have no idea about life span, nym and lamb seem to know more there. Back to remembering, I have learned to write things down, it helps sometimes, sometimes not, I have notes everywhere!
Hope you are having a good day, free of pain and worry.