Now on Simponi - Have questions

After much discussion with my Doc and battling with CVS trying to bill me $4,000 for Rinvoq they sent me without authorization, I am now on a Simponi infusion.

Medicare is supposed to cover it, and my Doc has wanted to dose me based on my weight for a few years. Had my first infusion yesterday. Now the question. If anyone else is on a Simponi infusion, did it make you feel like crap the next day?

I have my fingers crossed this works weel.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with simponi. How are you feeling today? Do you think it’s about keeping hydrated?

I was on it for two years. Felt crappy starting on it. I had a not common side effect. Ear infections that turned into bronchitis. Every three months. But it’s uncommon so don’t worry about it just wanted to give you a heads up.

I hope the crappy lets up! My stomach has been a mess for a week and I have been running a mild fever since the first infusion. My stomach hasn’t felt this bad since I was on Otezla 8 years ago. I lost 20 pounds on it before we stopped it.

Thanks for asking. I drink water constantly and always have. The Biggest issue right now is my stomach. It has been a mess since the infusion. Today, I managed to eat some toast.

I hope it will settle down soon. I’ll let you know.

Hang in there. It should settle down. Wishing you success. I just started Otezla. My Cosentyx stopped working at 3+ years.

I was on Simponi injections for about 2 years. I had no side effects. The last 6 months it worked less and less until my blood tests indicated it wasn’t working. I do hope you soon feel better and it starts working for you.

What kind of blood test were they using to tell if it was working?

Tarmac, it’s those new blood tests, you know, if your blood is green it’s working, blue not so much. Kind of like the mood rings from the ‘70’s!

I only know that the blood tests were the usual ones that the Rhuematologist orders All I can recall is he wanted to know if I had any other illness going on. I remember something about a high Rheumatoid Factor. Sorry I can’t be more specific. It was about 8 years ago and a lot of changes in meds since.

We are all different and react differently, what works for one person might not work for another person. It is a wait and see, keep your fingers crossed it works for you.