Not so upbeat

I really wanted to write one of those upbeat, I'm doing OK, isn't the weather nice at last, kind of blog posts today. But it's not going to happen. I've been feeling achy, tired and swollen for about 10 days. I thought the sunshine would help, but it seems to come between lots of rain which tends to make me achy.

I haven't slept through the night since last weekend. I either have a really hard time getting to sleep or I wake up a couple of hours into sleep and can't get back to La-La Land. And while Ambien helps to get me to sleep I can still wake up when I'm on it.

I think I completely underestimate the amount of background pain I have. The aches and tingles and shooting pains have become so normal that I don't notice them all that much and so when I lie awake I don't understand what's keeping me from sleeping. Slowly, though, it dawns on me that I'm incredibly uncomfortable (on my Tempurpedic mattress...) and no matter which way I lay, or where I put my arms or arrange my legs, something hurts. Then I get frustrated. Then I get tense. Then I get up and go lie on the couch and hope that sleep will come.

I don't want to give up on Humira--especially since I finally got my three month supply figured out with the specialty pharmacy) but I'm not due for another dose for about 4 or 5 more days and I feel like I needed it yesterday (or sooner). I may get blasted for doing so (and maybe for good reason because of the health concerns associated) but I broke down and took 10mg of Prednisone this morning. I am hoping that a little burst will set things straight and get me on a better sleep schedule.

It does seem as though my body is entirely out of whack.It feels as though I've caught a chill. And I've been so dog-tired--I mean full-on, wide mouth, almost-non-stop yawning from about 2:00pm until I can't keep my eyes open at around 8:30pm--that I've not been keeping up on exercise regimen. My elbows hurt and my stomach hasn't felt quite right in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone know? Is there's a "reset" button somewhere on our bodies? You know the one I mean--you have to use your earring or find a paperclip to press it. Do we have one? I need an "alt/ctrl/delete".

In the meantime, here's a picture of my office building that I took this afternoon.

Really pretty picture!

I too am having a terrible time. I finally lost my temper with my Rheumy's office. The Stelara is a monthe over due at this point. I did not have my Remicade at the last appointment so I would be ready for the Stelara. If one more helpful nurse calls to ask me when my last Remicade was I am going to scream, "Is it not in the notes?!"

So I got a call back from Their office finally! I will be injected with Stelara next Wed at my Derms office! I guess my Rheumy has had enough of my for this month!

I am sorry you are hurting our Jane. It is possible and maybe probable to still get flares while on the biologics. My guess would be it might be that. Esp. with the chills and flu-like symptoms. Try to be kind to yourself while you are suffering. Sometimes we do not give ourselves a break as we do not see a reason to feel so bad. You have a reason so be really kind to yourself. You will get back to your exercise program in a bit when you feel better. You are good about it, as am I. Pull out all the stops on getting a good night sleep, Ambien, warm bath with lavender or eucaliptus or whatever soothes you, meditation, soothing tapes, body pillow, tiger balm, etc.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, as usual. <3

Those are the BIGGEST daffodils I have ever seen! Why, they are almost up to the second storey! There, I hope I made you laugh!
Sorry you’re feeling under the weather, Jane. You know it will get better, but it’s so damned frustrating until it doess.
Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. That is a beautiful place you work!

I hope you can start to get some relief soon. If it’s warm enough out, you can just go out and enjoy some sun. I bet you’ve got an awesome reclining lawn chair, I’m thinking adirondack style. Warm your bones. Plus you’ve got the hot tub, right?

In the meantime, go easy on yourself.

Thanks, friends! We had a gloriously warm and unny day today and I slept 10 hours last night. I think Michael is right about a flare. So sorry you've had to wait so long for Stellara. Your rheumatologist is a numbskull for putting you through it like that Michael Ann. And yes, Seenie, we grow our daffodils BIG in Indiana! I'm so lucky to work on the Indiana University campus where we do collegiate gothic arbhitecture very well!! I hope to be back to my usual self soon enough. Smoochies!

I just put my phone in the dirt for the photo. People did look at me funny for tramping through the newly mulched flower bed.

They probably thought it was some pagan spring ritual. You should have done some chants and a little dancing at the same time.