No Nail Polish for me these days

Well it has been a roller coaster of a few weeks. With symptoms increasing. Does it ever seem like you wake up and jump out of bed and say "I'm going to not hurt today?" Ah Poo!!

Over about 6 days I have had 2 teeth break into pieces, my mouth have sores, my finger nails start to peel and break and practically separate from the nail beds. I started looking online to find what the heck it could be. I thought maybe the Remicade was the culprit. But it didn't seem like it. I Googled every med I take.

Finally Monday morning came around and I called the Rheumatologists office to ask them. Nope the doctor says no. Okay, lets call the Hematologist/Oncologist office and see if they know.

Ah Ha .....a day and a half later I find out it is the Methotrexate. Even though it is in small doses, it is causing the breaking of the teeth, the nails peeling and breaking , the sores, the head pain. Phew......figured out...Thank goodness.

Stop taking it immediately. Okay. So now what do I do? Will it make this agony worse by not taking it? I don't want to take it and watch all my teeth fall out. Or loose all the nails.

So I go next Friday for my Infusion of Remicade at the higher dose of 5mg/kg every 4 weeks. And we will be doing blood work that day.

Possibly I am in need of more Folic Acid too.

On another note I was on the phone with SSD the other day......yeah...and I got off the phone to tell my husband something and tripped over the runner rug!!! Leave it to me!!!! Knee pull and shoulder hurting.

And then to add insult to injury I got soap in my tear duct in the shower last night. OMG that hurt.

I thought to myself.......I'm going to bed .....after my husband wraps me in Bubble Wrap!!!!!