New

Hello, I was dx with fibro and raynoids about 4 years ago and making headway there. This has been a difficult summer with everything falling apart. It started with time in the hospital for internal bleeding this summer and a PsA dx just before thanksgiving.

I am trying to understand what this new dx means and this is the first site I have found that seems like it may be helpful.

Welcome to the group Robyn! This site is a really active one, and you'll find that people are very welcoming. I'm sorry to hear about you're diagnosis, but this is a good place to be. I was diagnosed 6 years ago, thankfully quickly.

How long do you think you were suffering from PsA prior to diagnosis? If you're not already on meds for the Raynauds, you may find that some of the meds for PsA can be helpful. Since I started taking Plaquenil a number of years ago, I have been better able to tolerate the cold. Although last visit to my rheumy, it was a cold day, and she was seriously impressed with my hands.

I don't know since I have fibro. I I am on meds for the raynauds but we are adjusting it because it was making my bp to low.

Stoney said:

Welcome to the group Robyn! This site is a really active one, and you'll find that people are very welcoming. I'm sorry to hear about you're diagnosis, but this is a good place to be. I was diagnosed 6 years ago, thankfully quickly.

How long do you think you were suffering from PsA prior to diagnosis? If you're not already on meds for the Raynauds, you may find that some of the meds for PsA can be helpful. Since I started taking Plaquenil a number of years ago, I have been better able to tolerate the cold. Although last visit to my rheumy, it was a cold day, and she was seriously impressed with my hands.

Robyn, welcome! We are so glad you found us! This site is full of really kind and knowledgeable people who can help you make sense of this diagnosis. This first few months after a diagnosis can be brutal, but we are here to listen to you, and to help you come to terms with how this diagnosis can affect you. A lot of people here have had PsA for a really long time, so they can help you overcome those unexpected obstacles.

Hi Robyn. I'm pretty new here too but these guys are just great. Tricky thing with PsA is, I think, a lot of Docs are just now figuring out how much it affects and what to expect as well.

This helped me when I was first figuring things out: http://www.papaa.org/beginners-guide-psoriatic-arthritis