New here, want to introduce myself

Hi all,

I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to getting to know you all. I am a 43 year old married mother of two and have had PsA for several years but was not diagnosed until January 2012. My actual dx is AS/PsA because my doctor feels that I meet the criteria for AS as well and some treatments are approved for AS that are not yet approved for PsA and vice versa. After trying Enbrel, Humira(with MTX), Remicade, and Simponi I am currently only on pain management while we decide on our next move. I developed some lung nodules about a year ago while on Remicade and now see a pulmonologist. I had bad reactions to both Enbrel and Remicade, the others did not work. Remicade actually did help a great deal until it sent me to the ER so that was very frustrating. I have been unable to work since July 2013 and am currently working on my SSDI claim. I am very fortunate to have LTD coverage through my former employer as well as health insurance. So that's about it in a not so tiny nutshell. :)

Kat

Hi Katblue! There are a lot of nice people here! Sorry to hear about the bad results with some of the biologics. I hope you can find something that works better real soon! Take care!

Hi, Kat! Welcome to the group. You may want to copy this to the new member intro tab under discussions. Not everyone reads the blog posts, so it might get missed by the majority of our members.

Welcome to the group! Good luck with finding the right treatment. You've had a rough time with this so far.