Glad to have found this group

Hello everyone,

My name is Stacy and I am 34 years old. I was diagnosed with PsA when I was 17. It has been a long road, as you all know. 12 years of Methotrexate, tons of steroids, 3 knee surgeries, Lots of motrin (until I developed an allergy to NSAIDS 2 years ago- NOT FAIR!!!!) And I have been on Remicade for the last 7 years. I am currently having a horrible flare. I feel I have not appreciated how much the remicade has helped me in the last 7 years and now I am sitting here, miserable and scared because tomorrow I see my rheumy again to discuss new meds. My main concern is calming down my knee so that I do not have to worry about a replacement at this time. In the last 3 years I have also developed some very odd reactions to medications. Besides the NSAIDS allergy ( which came out of nowhere) I also started developing Serotonin Syndrome when I am given ANY med that produces Serotonin. That has been very scary and has put me in the ER 3 x with convulsions, heart palpitations, sweats, vomiting etc. There are so many meds that have been crossed off my list, I worry about starting a new biologic.

I have a fantastic husband who has to put up with way too much. We have been married for almost 15 years and last year we were blessed to adopt a baby girl. She is amazing! I have always wanted to be a mom, but I always felt I couldn't handle it. My joints held up really well her first year, but now I'm a mess and it's hard to chase her and carry her some days .THis breaks my heart. I just want to be a good Mom and not make her feel that she has to take care of me ( when she is older, of course)

I am very happy to have found a place to vent and to have found a place where people will understand me and support me, and hopefully do so without judgment. I also look forward to helping anyone if I can.

Thanks for listening.

Be well!

Stacy, welcome here! Yes, you’ve come to the right place. I’m so sorry that you’re going through a rough patch, having gone through so much already.
This is certainly the place to vent, to share, and to pick brains. Between us, we have lots of experience with this rare disease. I’m often amazed at how many of us there are!
One of the things you might consider doing, Stacy, is joining the special group we have set up for our youngest members. You’re not a teen any more, but I’m sure you can remember only too well the challenges that you faced at that age! We have a few young people who might appreciate your insights. Give it some thought!
S
Mod note: post moved to New Member Check In