Need people my age to talk to

Hi :) I'm looking to make some friends on this website that are around my age (18), seeing that no one in my school really knows what I'm going through with my PsA. It would be nice to find some people around my age who know what its like. :)

1 Like

Or maybe even some slightly older people who remember what it’s like!

1 Like

anyone in the age range works haha, i just think it would be nice to have people around my age (can be a few years older or younger) to talk to!

Seenie said:

Or maybe even some slightly older people who remember what it's like!

There is one gal your age on this site. If you want to look her up and message her, she is Fighter26. Also, join the Young Fighters group under the groups tab.

It won't let me join that group its invitation only. And yes I'm friends with her on here :)

GrumpyCat said:

There is one gal your age on this site. If you want to look her up and message her, she is Fighter26. Also, join the Young Fighters group under the groups tab.

I will invite you.

sounds good

GrumpyCat said:

I will invite you.

Check your email..............

I’m a little bit older than you (25) I know what it feels like no one in school understands psoriasis or PsA. Me being so young my dad doesn’t even get it how I’m worse than my older family in their 50’s but I just tell him it’s a different type of arthritis. I too had it pretty young my ankle started bothering me about the age of 15 I turned 19 a few months later my knee was hurting. I hate being young with this! So many things I wanted to do go to college that was ruined couldn’t stand up all day like I needed to.

I am older that you but I may be able to help you. My daughter is 24 and has had FM since she was little. I know it's not quit the same but many of the social issues are. If you would like me to but you in contact with her, let me know

I heard my name and I'm here to help! Man has it been awhile since I have been on here! Well any questions just ask, I made it past my first year of diagnosis and quite the adventure it has been. Hope to hear some good new about your journey.

I know this post is old. However I’m currently 22. Diagnosed at 14 but had the disease since elementary. Feel free to message me. I had a difficult time in high school the principal told me that I looked fine take the stairs. My gym teacher told the whole class that I had psoriatic arthritis. Which is technically illegal. I was in a wheel chair for a while and struggled with maintaining friendships. High school was the worst time of my life. The teachers and administration were cruel. Of course there’s always the few who are sweet. However to get off my rant. I have been there and get it. I’m in college currently and it’s a much better environment. If you need to talk I’m here

2 Likes