Need help now for flair before we leave the country! Cortisone shots?

Hi all. I am leaving to go on a much-anticipated trip out of the country on Saturday and I am having a huge flair up! The entire right side of my body is in pain (my left is fine...weird). I've had cortisone shots for my entire body before and it helps, but this time it is bothering my elbow and knee specifically.

I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow. Any suggestions on what I should try? I'm thinking a full body cortisone shot, and/or possibly one in my knee and elbow.

I would love any advice or shared experience. I want to hike a volcano with my son!

Tell your Rheumatologist what is going on in your life and let them decide what would be best for you. If they say nothing, I'd mention cortisone or prednisone? I hope this goes away and have a wonderful trip! Lower your stress level in whatever way works for you. Meditation, yoga, stretching, prayer etc...

Immunity?

Lucky you – being able to see your rheum before an exciting trip! I’m with Immunity-- explain the details to the rheumie.

But c’mon, tell us where you’re going! Somewhere with a volcano … Sounds intriguing!

Ps. Out of the country probably involves air travel. Call your airline today and request wheelchair assistance. No “I’ll see how I am…” or “if I feel tired when we check in…” Or “I’ll manage…”. Order it now, accept the wheels, and maybe you won’t spend the first week of your vacation recovering. Obey Bossy Seenie. :wink:

Rawarrior.com is a great site. HVe a look at this:
http://rawarrior.com/traveling-with-chronic-illness-ra-part-2-20-helpful-tips/