Memory foam matress?

Hi everyone! Do you own a memory foam matress? What do you think of it? What do you think of memory foam matress's for better sleep and less pain?? I would love to hear all of your opinions.

"I have a memory foam mattress topper and I like it. I do notice that I sleep better with it and that it does cushion my joints.

We got a memory foam mattress a few years ago. We totally love it. We got a Bob-o-pedic. . . Way cheaper than temper pedic. I think they now have ones that control temperature better, as they can get warm in the warm months.

I bought a Costco memory foam and love it. My husband loves it too. We wouldn't trade it for anything and can't believe we ever slept on anything else. We do not find it too warm though I do not use quilts any more and our bedroom is air conditioned in the summer.

I have a 4" memory topper, and have for 9 years. It is critical to helping me being more comfortable in bed, whatever I'm doing (reading, sex, etc.)

Okay, since sex has come up, I just want to point out something that takes getting used to. Memory foam mattresses don’t bounce. Enough said.

Thank you all so much great response so quickly. My husband and I were looking at the one at Costco that is on sale right now. Hmmm. There is one that is slightly less expensive. I cant figure out the difference. They are the same brand. Novafoam.

I have a temper pedic my husband and I both hate it we sleep on our sides and our shoulders hurt badly I got a egg foam topper and a fluffy topper works much better wish I never threw out our 20 yr old mattress with springs popping out but everybody is different Google the reviews :slight_smile:

I use a very stiff mattress, the stiffist I could get. Then I have a 4" memory foam topper on top of it. This has worked great or me. To me, it is the best of both worlds at a reasonable cost.

This is exactly the setup I have. An ultrafirm mattress, with a 4" memory foam topper.

The memory foam lets me sink into softness, but the firmness underneath support the memory foam so I still have support.

TheMatt said:

I use a very stiff mattress, the stiffist I could get. Then I have a 4" memory foam topper on top of it. This has worked great or me. To me, it is the best of both worlds at a reasonable cost.

Ha ha !

Stoney said:

Okay, since sex has come up, I just want to point out something that takes getting used to. Memory foam mattresses don't bounce. Enough said.

Maybe I have no bounce left either as I never notice that about the memory foam! Hahaha....

I find the full memory foam on a box spring works fine for us. Plenty of support for us but we are in our 50s.

I GOT ONE! I am happy with it so far. It is hard and I dont move much AT ALL . Stuck in it like hard jello. I put my topper back on it and TA DA!..... Its perfect. I sleep less. wake up more refreshed. I think I am getting a better quality deeper sleep which is why I am waking up earlier. So I would say this is a great success. I have a bit less pain too. That is nice. Again thank you all for your imput. I appreciate you.