Learning hard lessions

All my life I have worked hard, I was a welder for the coal company for 22 years.Construction, heavy machinery ,, I am not one to slow down or even take a day off for anything. I have been a Guitar and Mandolin Luthier and Had my own buisness !! EchoWebb Guitars. I started building my log home in 2006, Then one day at work It all come to a stop!! It started out with back pain then toe's and hands, then it come out in big red patches, But being ME ,,, I decided this isnt goin stop me from working or doing what I wanted or needed to do , But after 2 years of pain and swelling I had to go to the Dr , they told me I had PsA ,,Started on MTX and then on to Embrel Humira steroids, I wasnt getting any better, but wasn't no worst / So being me ...I pushed threw the pain and keep doing the things I needed to get done at work In my Guitar shop and on the house, BUT I didnt understand the damage I was doing to my Body and not taking the PsA seriously ,,,, My mom also has PsA and was on the MTX.and embrell she now has Lymphoma stage 4 .... from the meds . My DR took me off the Embrel and were trying to find a med to help , Most days are ruff and pain in my hands and joints are bad but I am blessed It could be alot more sever . This year me and MY son's have got alot done to the log home started the landscaping and been working the firewood up. I am blessed to have people that will help me and try to make sure I get things done . I find myself getting angry at times about all the thing I cant do , but still feel blessed in that I can do more than some with PsA I hope everyone has a cure on the way !! plz share if you do!! sorry for the rambling think I try to sleep Goodnight friends ...

Hey Doyle!
Thanks for posting this. I think we all resist recognizing our own illness and the changes it forces us to make in our lives. Nobody wants to be told to change, to stop, to take it easy–particularly people who are used to being fiercely independent (like you). But this disease has ways to humble us all.

The hardest lesson is learning how to end that act of comparing. We compare our new self to our old self; our mornings and our evenings; our experience on drug A to that of drug B. The struggle is to try to simply be. Right now. I’d say you’re not doing so bad. Just look at all you typed!

Wishing you daily victories, be they small like tying your blog, or large like splitting logs!