Lab Results: AST, ALT, Triglycerides - higher and higher

Question for the group: I have been taking methotrexate (pill form) 7 pills once a week for more than 2 years. For the last year my AST, ALT, and Triglycerides have continued to get higher and higher. My AST went from 23 in Dec 2012 to 54 in Sept 2013. ALT from 21 to 80. Trig from 184 to 235. I try as best as I can to eat healthy. Exercise 4 times a week.....but nothing is improving - only getting higher. My rheumy says that is high but not too concerned. I try not overreact but when my lab vendor sends me warnings on the results and I fail employer metabolic testing (worth $300), i do get a bit distressed. I am concerned about my liver. I have grown attached to it and feel like it may be taking a beating from the meds. Talk to me folks - anyone else have the same results and what has your doctors done about it - if they did anything? Thank you

My GGT is elevated my Rhumey didn't seem to concerned but my PCP did. I have switched to inject able MTX to see if it will help.

Its the ratio that counts unless the numbers are 2 - 4 times normal. The fact is your liver was in worse shape in Dec 2012 than now. You want the AST:ALT ratio to be less than 1:1 (yours is) The actual numbers are completley dependent on the lab and methodology time of day previous exercise etc etc. Comparing results from different labs is not advisable.

Almost any medicine including supplements will increase those levels. The triglycerides will also go up in the presence of inflammation.

Flunking a company sponsored metabollic pannel is not significant. Thats a tool for insurance companies to access a risk either for rates or in the case of self insured a risk factor.