Is there an awareness ribbon for PSA?

I saw that there is a psoriasis ribbon, and an arthritis one.. but do we have an awareness ribbon? or even an autoimmune arthritis ribbon? I think our issue is important enough for our own :)

I've been wondering that as well. I haven't seen one though :( maybe we should create one if it doesn't exist already :)

I agree, I wonder how you would go about finding this information out....I think I will research this issue and report back what I find!

Blue is for arthritis and/or anklosing spondylitis

I contacted someone at the National Psoriais Foundation and asked and I was told that they would forward my question to the correct person/department....still waiting for a response

Thanks amueller :) I'm curious if they have never thought of making one before?!

OOh let's try and make one. I'm thinking a nice happy colour - daffodil yellow anyone?

I am thinking of making some pins with the blue ribbon and putting them on my website. I'll play around with some ideas and post pics on my blog later for your input :) There is an autoimmune arthritis day coming up May 20th - pass the word

Tnlamb said that blue is for arthritis. What is the color for psoriasis?

Thanks for the heads up on Autoimmune Arthritis Day on May 20th. How did you find that out Spinning Diva?

Orchid and orange

Mlearning said:

Tnlamb said that blue is for arthritis. What is the color for psoriasis?

Thanks for the heads up on Autoimmune Arthritis Day on May 20th. How did you find that out Spinning Diva?

From the International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement (IAAM) website. This the first one. Someone also posted it on one of the forums here and then I did a web search on it. Their website is: http://www.iaamovement.org

Mlearning said:

I think I'm the one who posted the IAAM website. They also have a facebook page and are posting posters with different people's stories (mine was posted today). The templates and directions are on the IAAM website. http://www.facebook.com/WorldAutoimmuneArthritisDay

Sorry I havent responed in a while.....caught my kids flu and it is kicking my butt!!!!

Finally spoke to someone about an awareness ribbon at the PsA Foundation and just as thought and told but some there is no offical awareness ribbon for PsA, I will I would have thought of asking her about creating one while I had her on the phone, maybe if I had been feeling better my brain would have been working!!!

I love the idea of creating one WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN!!!! LOL and @spinningdiva Thanks for the heads up on May 20th that is such an awesome milestone!

I love the idea of having an awareness ribbon of our own; I am not talented at this kind of thing, but wondered since psoriasis is orchid and orange (per tntlamb) and arthritis is blue; maybe someone can design one with all those colors somehow.

I love the idea, too. I envision a ribbon with orchid on one side, orange on the other (this is what the psoriasis ribbon looks like), with both colors fading toward the bottom to blue.

nym that sounds very pretty

I totally agree. I'm in a PsA group on Facebook and we were talking about this same issue the other day. We talked on there about suggesting one that is blue zebra stripe, or zebra stripe with purple on the sides. Zebra stripe to represent the multiple sites this disease affects, and how the pain is all over and ragged, dark blue of course for the arthritis, or purple simply because there were a bunch of us on there who like purple. What do you guys think of that??

I love your idea and reasons with the zebra stripe. I think a zebra stripe with blue and purple might be really pretty too. i also like nym's suggestion with the orchid/orange and blue. I am no help whatsoever am I?!

It should be blue for the arthritis with orange tips for the psoriasis, extra thick ribbon to represent the constant swelling and textured to represent the scales. I know that would be a nightmare to mass produce, but PsA just isn't a simple disease and I think we need a high maintenance ribbon too :)

something similar to this...this is just a quick sketch.