Inflammation rising

Hi. I guess I’ll try to make a long story short. I developed exzema when I was a baby and had that severely until age 8. Then developed psoriasis at age 10 and have had it now for 46 years. My extreme fatigue started in my early 20’s but I never said anything to anyone because I was afraid people would think I was lazy. But, I would wake as tired as I went to bed. Then the pain in lower back started around 32. At 36 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia before anyone really knew much about that. And, no one knew anything at all about psoriasis being an autoimmune disease or about psoriatic arthritis at that time. I just don’t think doctors really knew what to do about me. I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus several times, lymes disease, but negative. However, I always had really high sedimentation levels… Never below 40 (range was 0 - 20). Sometimes it was as high as 80. I have lived my life with extreme fatigue and pain for so many years that I don’t know what it feels like to be “normal”. I was finally diagnosed with PsA about 5 months ago. Rhuemy put me on methotrexate and I’m now on 10 pills/week. My psoriasis is almost completely gone and my pain was better, but now is almost as bad as when I went in. My C-reactive is around 15 and should be below 5. Doctor has told me we might add a biologic my next visit if the inflammation doesn’t start going down. It was at 8 in April so now has almost doubled even on the meds. Has anyone else experienced their inflammation going up when it should be coming down with the methotrexate? I’m fortunate that I don’t experience stomach side affects like some people do. I appreciate your patience with this rambling. It feels good to sort of get it off my chest. The one thing I have learned over the years is to try not to let the pain and fatigue get the best of me. I try to rest when I need to, but sometimes you just can’t. I raised 2 kids by myself for 15 years and had to work long hours as a programmer. My son was a month old and daughter was 2 1/2 when I got divorced, so life was not easy. Stress definitely makes the symptoms worse. I am blessed to have remarried 15 years ago and was able to retire. God bless all of you out there with this awful disease. Taking one day at a time.