I'm going to Camp!

Yup not since I was a scoutmaster, but from Sept. 19 - 21., I am at camp. I got to wondering about Arthritis Boot Camp for my Grandaughter and low and behold they are having a fall Mini Camp. I of course missed the deadline but made some phone calls one to the medical director who I hahad recently convinced to consult with my Grandaughter. Somehow they needed help in the dispensary, Usually the want Nurses who know something as Camp Make -a Dream is a dedicated camp for sick kids. Its a personal Charity of one of the McDonalds Gurus They come from all over the World. The dispensary actually has a five Bed ICU and a killer infusion center (you haven't lived till you see a kid get his chemo on horseback)

BUT WAIT!! it gets better the Medical Director is Peggy Schlesinger!!!!! Dr. Sclessinger is likley one of the top Pediatric Rheumatologists in the Country. Some her may know her from her extensive work and publishing with/on fibromyalgia. She is no longer in Active practice choosing at this point to take a "sabbatical." She was on the road 120 days last year lecturing I'm going to be with her for 3 days!!!!

Sorry Louise Hoy. This tops pole Dancing

Awesome, Tom!!! How exciting!

Although I'm not sure about it topping pole dancing ... why don't you give both a whirl and let us know...?

That is very cool, and I am more than a little jealous. Have a great time! Wait…do they have wifi?

We need to hear all about it when you get back, Lamb. It sounds like three days of fun and networking.

how cool for you both! can they do infusions while pole dancing?

Can I triple like sybil's post?

Why of course, Jane! It would be IV pole dancing!

I think we need to think out of the camp box. International PsA camp, yes, Sybil, but I vote that we have the exclusive camp on a cruise ship. Good food. A pool. A gym. Everything accessible. A night club…possibilities are endless, especially if Louise Hoy comes along. Good. That’s settled then. Now the important decisions: who am I going to share a room with? And what name will we give this exclusive camp?

We’ve done a great job of hijacking Lamb’s thread. All I can say is, serves him right. LOL

Lol it certainly does Lamb........I concede to you ;)

Lol, I'd better get more practice in then........roll on next month for my next outing ( without over the bar meds!)
sybil said:

Have a great time, sure you both will!

It's quite simple, we organise an International PsA camp (for all age groups) with pole dancing lessons - teacher: Louise Hoy.

I would be honored to judge the dance off. I have a fair amount of experience in that area. We took acruise a few years back out of Houston to celebrate My wife's folks and her Aunts and uncles 60th anniversary. My wifes brother (the bajillionaire) who a few years previous celebrated his 50th Birthday by trading his old wife in for a 25 year old model. Apparently he missed the part about her wanting a family. so he had stair steps (including Irish Twins) who were 10 - 10 -11. He brought them with the nanny against all advice to help them make a memory. (I'd been with this bunch before)

I arranged for a limo company to meet us at HOBY for the trip down to Galveston. They offered a bit larger van I should have been suspicious when the said the were sending a party van.... The kids got a memory all right. The small bus was carpeted floor to ceiling with hot pink carpet the ceiling was mirrored about 50 speakers and a stripper pole in the middle. There was a fully stocked bar. My wife still blushes when reminded of her mother and aunts (in their mid 80's) alcohol fueled performance on the pole driving down the freeway to Galveston. The nanny was pretty good too she actually went right up that puppy My wife and sister in law - not so good.

LOL! See lamb…give older women some liquid encouragement and and a pole and we know what to do :wink:

I'm DEFINITELY IN on the international cruise PsA get together!!!!

Cruising is the ultimate Gimp holiday... level floors (except for when the sea is rough!!), cocktails, handrails and lifts (elevators) EVERYWHERE, cocktails.... hot and cold running stewards to attend to your every whim, cocktails.... someone else doing all the cooking, cleaning and washing of towels, cocktails.... lots of opportunities to party hearty (with or without poles!), and, of course... lots of cheap cocktails!!

What's not to love????

Seenie said:

I think we need to think out of the camp box. International PsA camp, yes, Sybil, but I vote that we have the exclusive camp on a cruise ship. Good food. A pool. A gym. Everything accessible. A night club....possibilities are endless, especially if Louise Hoy comes along. Good. That's settled then. Now the important decisions: who am I going to share a room with? And what name will we give this exclusive camp?

We've done a great job of hijacking Lamb's thread. All I can say is, serves him right. LOL

Oh count me in I have always wanted to try a cruise! Now a name for this......let me think!

Did someone mention cocktails??? LOL too funny. Yes, a cruise ship is the idea environment for the likes of us.

Nangogirl said:

I'm DEFINITELY IN on the international cruise PsA get together!!!!

Cruising is the ultimate Gimp holiday... level floors (except for when the sea is rough!!), cocktails, handrails and lifts (elevators) EVERYWHERE, cocktails.... hot and cold running stewards to attend to your every whim, cocktails.... someone else doing all the cooking, cleaning and washing of towels, cocktails.... lots of opportunities to party hearty (with or without poles!), and, of course... lots of cheap cocktails!!

What's not to love????

Seenie said:

I think we need to think out of the camp box. International PsA camp, yes, Sybil, but I vote that we have the exclusive camp on a cruise ship. Good food. A pool. A gym. Everything accessible. A night club....possibilities are endless, especially if Louise Hoy comes along. Good. That's settled then. Now the important decisions: who am I going to share a room with? And what name will we give this exclusive camp?

We've done a great job of hijacking Lamb's thread. All I can say is, serves him right. LOL

There are cocktails for sure. The best entertsinment on a cruise ship is the last night at the pursors desk when folks have had their bar tabs slipped under their door by the evil gremlins...........

You are so right, Lamb!! I was on one cruise where the man sitting next to me as we waited to disembark at the end of the trip told me that his bar bill was bigger then the cost of the cruise ($2600.00) *gasp* there's a whole lotta drinks in a bill that big!!

tntlamb said:

There are cocktails for sure. The best entertsinment on a cruise ship is the last night at the pursors desk when folks have had their bar tabs slipped under their door by the evil gremlins...........

ROFLMAO!!!!
tntlamb said:

The Late night Bunch - Two of the Girls are waiting to get their Remicade. The teens don't want to miss anything so wait until lights out for the infusion center. Dr. Peggy is an old softy. My grandaughter is the one wearing the cap.

Are you learning anything new? It must be really cool to rub elbows with a good rheumatologist for an entire weekend. I would love that chance.