I Finally found comfortable shoes!

Have come to a point where almost all of my shoes are painful to wear due to joint damage. Birkenstocks that I have had for ten years now hurt! My problem is that after my second toe on both feel swelled up like little sausages, they curled up causing the second joint to become huge and stick up. As a result, anything that has a hard toe box construction rubs. And there are the bunions that have gotten very painful! Sooo, I was really frustrated when I realized that even crocs hurt! I have had luck with Sanuks a because of their fabric upper. When on a trip to Atlanta, I was looking for more Sanuks I found Otz. They are incredible. Linen upper and removable Birkenstock style foot beds! I bought three pairs. I am a hairdresser and am on my feet all day so I felt like I had hit the lottery! I bought two there and ordered a third from www.planetshoes.com. I placed order with them a week before my birthday and they sent me a 20 dollar gift certificate for my birthday! They are a great website to deal with. Thought I would share in case anyone else is having a hard time with shoes.

Thanks for posting your tip. I bookmarked planet shoes. So glad you found comfortable shoes!

Thanks! Nothing worse than uncomfortable shoes!

Waaaahhhh, I feel your pain! I, too, had to give all of my Birks away, and I had some really nice ones. I’ve lost my arches, so the footbed hurts.
Planet shoes looks interesting. Thanks for the lead. Comfortable and good-looking shoes can be so hard to come by!

I am happy that you found shoes that work for you :) and thanks for the good tip. I have a really hard time finding shoes too; so I can really relate to what you are saying. I just found some really comfortable shoes last week. they are made by Aravon a New Balance company and they are super comfortable and cute. Plus there is plenty of room in them which is a good thing.