How is everyone feeling after a tiring holiday?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and isn't feeling too badly today. I went the easy route and got a honey baked ham, some steam and mash potatoes, etc... the only thing I cooked from scratch was a pie. On my feet for two hours and it felt like ten! But I'm feeling pretty good today. Just a little tired. How is everyone else?

Hi Natalieb. What kind of pie did you make?? I love the holiday food - so cozy and delicious! We went home for Thanksgiving. I am getting a lot of rest and really relaxing and rejuvenating. Less stress = less pain for me so this is much needed. Happy Holidays!.

Hi Natalieb and Liz, I too took the easy way out this year. DH and I spend the day together and have for years. This year I got smart and did the cooking in sections. Peeled and cut the potatoes early; baked a frozen pumpkin pie; canned green beans; brown & serve rolls; turkey breast in the Reynolds cooking bag... The food was still delicious and not so much standing. My biggest problem cooking and cleaning up is the foot and back pain.

Liz so glad you are getting to de-stress over this holiday. That is what we all need to do. I have noticed that the more stressful work is the worse the pain. There really is something to that. Hope all have a wonderful holiday weekend and stay safe.

Liz-- I made an apple pie with streusel topping. YUM! I made it for the first time last year and swore I'd never make another recipe for apple pie ever again. It is almost better cold I think-- I had apple pie with a lil vanilla ice cream for breakfast. haha! :) hubby and I ventured out to the mall this afternoon.. I was definitely in some pain in my feet. He's like we need to go home.. I can tell it hurts... you are walking funny. :-/ Hate feeling like I'm 80!

Oh your apple pie sounds wonderful! Now I have to go buy one and eat it cold. For breakfast! That’s really awesome. :slight_smile: That’s horrible that you had pain at the mall. The thing that jumps out stun your story is that your husband is thoughtful enough to notice and want to take you home. That’s so cool. Hope you are feeling better now.

natalieb said:

Liz-- I made an apple pie with streusel topping. YUM! I made it for the first time last year and swore I’d never make another recipe for apple pie ever again. It is almost better cold I think-- I had apple pie with a lil vanilla ice cream for breakfast. haha! :slight_smile: hubby and I ventured out to the mall this afternoon… I was definitely in some pain in my feet. He’s like we need to go home… I can tell it hurts… you are walking funny. :-/ Hate feeling like I’m 80!

Hi Alma. You’d shortcuts are brilliant! And I love those Reynolds bags. What a perfect way to take care of yourself, yet still enjoy delicious food. It’s weird how that work stress translates to pain. :frowning: Vut at least we’ve figured it out and know what to watch our for. Hope you have a great evening.

Alma said:

Hi Natalieb and Liz, I too took the easy way out this year. DH and I spend the day together and have for years. This year I got smart and did the cooking in sections. Peeled and cut the potatoes early; baked a frozen pumpkin pie; canned green beans; brown & serve rolls; turkey breast in the Reynolds cooking bag… The food was still delicious and not so much standing. My biggest problem cooking and cleaning up is the foot and back pain.

Liz so glad you are getting to de-stress over this holiday. That is what we all need to do. I have noticed that the more stressful work is the worse the pain. There really is something to that. Hope all have a wonderful holiday weekend and stay safe.

YAY!! someone else who likes apple pie w/ ice cream for breakfast!! Sound yummy...I just may have to get me one too. Guess I will start the decorating today...my right foot is the culprit of most of my pain the last few days so will see how long I last. Enjoy your Saturday!!

natalieb said:

Liz-- I made an apple pie with streusel topping. YUM! I made it for the first time last year and swore I'd never make another recipe for apple pie ever again. It is almost better cold I think-- I had apple pie with a lil vanilla ice cream for breakfast. haha! :) hubby and I ventured out to the mall this afternoon.. I was definitely in some pain in my feet. He's like we need to go home.. I can tell it hurts... you are walking funny. :-/ Hate feeling like I'm 80!

It was my first holiday away from home with my new family and I went all out. We had another couple and their baby over to share it with. I made a ton of food and then went out that night to shop for deals! I got everything I wanted and all my christmas shopping is done! It's a good thing because I am so stiff I couldn't get out to accomplish all that shopping now! Happy Holidays everyone!

My husband and I have been taking the easy way out for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last few years (even before the joy of PsA). We get the already prepared meal from the grocery store (most of the major chains do it, we get ours from Harris Teeter). It comes with pretty much everything and you just have to heat it up. It's awesome and costs around the same (around $50), if not less, than it does to do it from scratch.

I did my holiday like Alma, in sections. Started Sunday, tearing up bread for stuffing (to get it stale), Monday with cranberry salad, then Tuesday baked my pie and peeled sweet potatoes. My sweet hubby helped me along the way and did a majority of clean up for me. I just cannot be on my feet that long either, but I am NOT giving up and giving into not making my family the dinner they love so much. YEAH TO ALL OF US!!! We did it!!! :)