How do your medications interact with each other? - TED talk

I came across this very interesting TED talk about how different medications can have unexpected side effects when they’re combined. Something to bear in mind if (like many of us) you’re taking several different drugs at once…
http://www.ted.com/talks/russ_altman_what_really_happens_when_you_mix_medications?

We wondered if the first seizure my husband had 6 years ago was because he was taking a lot of Tramadol, and then was also on Bactrim for an infection. One doctor mentioned it was a possibility those two meds combined brought down his seizure threshold. So, he never took Tramadol again.

Fast forward to this week and his second seizure. I can't help but think meds are involved. All the tests they ran on him show there are no obvious physical reasons for the seizure. I intend to do some investigation into his meds to see if there is a possible connection with the meds he takes. Maybe some of them together are not a safe combination.

When I have time.......

These researchers used quite a simple technique: typing the name of the meds (in pairs in all combinations, if there are more than 2) plus the symptoms - in this case ‘seizure’ - into the search engine…