Hot flashes

Ok ladies, I am having hot flahes. Can you take hormones while on these wonderful meds?

I am going to the dr in a week.

I did, for many years....either Fibro/RA/PSA caused irregularities......and they put me on Prempro when i got diagnosed,at age 45

It stopped the cycles, and it was wonderful, for 12 yrs....you know all that stuff on the news about hormones/..i did get eventually on a lower dose, and after 12 yrs, got off of them

now Cymbalta, gives me hot flashes for a bit in the morning...and what a hot summer we had, made it worse..i couldn't wait to grocery shop in the frozen food aisle...LOL

but Yes, i took the hormones, with the meds, gynie ordered them

It took me a long time to work out that Celabrex is a medication that causes me to break out in a hot sweat. Similar to the hot flashes of menapause. I changed my meds and it went away.

tkrlady said:

I did, for many years....either Fibro/RA/PSA caused irregularities......and they put me on Prempro when i got diagnosed,at age 45

It stopped the cycles, and it was wonderful, for 12 yrs....you know all that stuff on the news about hormones/..i did get eventually on a lower dose, and after 12 yrs, got off of them

now Cymbalta, gives me hot flashes for a bit in the morning...and what a hot summer we had, made it worse..i couldn't wait to grocery shop in the frozen food aisle...LOL

but Yes, i took the hormones, with the meds, gynie ordered them

Yes Rebel mom,

I use the hormone patch, the new ones are about the size of a postage stamp. I tried for years to take the pill, it made me sick to my stomach, the patch changed this problem. I used Estraderm for years, they went out of business, now I use Vivelle dot. It stays on very well, while others do not. I also take Enbrel.

Hope this helps and that you are getting some relief for you PsA.

SK

Too funny. I started having hot flashes when I started on MTX. I just got off it, so we'll see what happens.

mimiB said:

I think MTX gives me the WORST hot flashes EVER. Ugh, I don't do hormone replacement therapy. I am 54.