Hooray 🎉 finally it’s here :)

Hello all,

I haven’t been here for a while as I’ve been having a ‘rubbish’ time. Yep, you guessed it, yet another flare up. It’s like buses in the UK, they all come at once. Only this time my GP wasn’t keen on giving me another injection of steroids because I’m on antibiotics for latent TB. So my pain medication was increased and I am forced to wait it out as I always do. But and there is a BIG BUT, the good news is my Cosentyx finally got delivered today. The entire family was excited. My husband was eager to film me having my first dose, but I wasn’t keen in case I made a hash of things. I injected myself at about 9pm and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It’s an auto injector, so the pen did it all. I just had to be patient and wait for the 2 clicks. The tinniest bit of blood after and no major side effects so far, just a headache, but this is more likely to be from dehydration as it has been hot here in the south east of the UK and I have definitely not had enough to drink today. I’ll monitor myself closely and keep you all posted as to what (if anything) happens next.

Have a good night.

Nicole x

4 Likes

That’s great news, that you were able to start on Cosentyx! Congrats!

Great, hope it works out for you!

Fabulous Nicole and now let’s hope it does the job!

Oh lord it’s so hot … so, so hot. I’m in the South East too.

Hope the Cosentyx is hot stuff too. Well done you!! Here’s to a great result from this treatment.

Please keep us posted on your progress. My rheumatologist wants to switch me from Enbrel to Cosentyx.

Hello June,
Of course, I will keep you all updated. Week 2 and no great changes yet :sweat_smile:.
Nicole x

My doc is moving me to Cosentyx, After 9 months of Enbrel he is not happy I am so stiff and in so much pain. I start it in a few weeks. I’ll keep everyone posted. Doc seems to think the Cosentyx has a better history of working on PsA that is really attacking tendons, which mine is.

Sorry Enbrel failed, but hopefully Cosentyx will be the answer! Good luck!

Tried Stelara, Enbrel, Now I am on Remicade, might be switching again, as it is not working for me, who knows what the next one will be?

@Jon_sparky Maybe you should try Cosentyx!

1 Like

I will look into it, to see if it is a good fit. Thanks!

My main problem is enthesis, I don’t have much Psoriasis.
The study showed that:
“Cosentyx showed a 20 percent response to the medication, compared to the 17.3 percent randomized to the placebo. The article also notes that while many patients with psoriatic arthritis have benefited significantly from treatment with conventional disease-modifying drugs, some have had inadequate responses or have not tolerated these therapies.

“Many patients do not achieve adequate benefit or their disease breaks through after a period of successful control, so a drug with a different mechanism of action is clearly needed for psoriatic arthritis,” said Susan M. Goodman, MD

I will see what my Rheumy has for options…