Hello, I've just joined

I have had PSA for nearly a year. Tried Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate and Humira. Am getting ready to try Remicade. I’m nervous because nothing has really worked effectively, or side effects weren’t tolerable. I’m anxious to get going on something that will alleviate symptoms, but also even more importantly, halt the progression of the disease. I’m very active, yoga, walking, pool exercise, acupuncture & massage. These help alleviate my symptoms but I want to make sure I’m doing the most I can to stop this disease from getting worse!

Bendite, welcome again! Nice to see you posting. As far as I can tell, you are doing everything that you can at this point! In treatment for a year, having tried two DMARDs and a biologic is pretty good progress. Unfortunately, not all of us respond to medications the same way. The good news about the biologics is that they tend to either work or not, and fortunately, they have very few side effects. Maybe the Remicade will be your prince of a drug, but there’s only one way to find out.

I think one of the most difficult things about this disease is the dreaded “Gap”.
http://discussion.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/forum/topics/welcome-to-the-gap
If you get out of The Gap in three months, you are doing really well. But a year or more isn’t unusual. Meanwhile, good good good for you, staying very active. Some days, that’s the last thing you want to do, but really, it’s the best thing for your body.

I’m assuming you’re eating a sensible diet, so between that, the exercise and the medications, it sounds to me as if there’s only one thing that you need to do now: be patient!

Sybil,
Thanks for the encouragement! Humira just wore off so quickly, we tried to get I stance approval for weekly vs biweekly but was denied. Plus I developed psoriasis while on the Humira! So the next option is Remicade. Even though it’s IV apparently Drs have more discretion I. The frequency of the dosage. So we’ll see. Patience, yes, that’s my mantra"