Happy Mom

I have been missing in action but not lost. I wanted to give hope to all the newly diagnosed that you can live with this disease and have a quality life. If you take care of yourself, listen to your doctor and listen to yourself you too can have a joyous time with family and friends.

I was diagnosed in the Spring of 2012. I was in complete lockdown. Could not move without assistance. Missed some special moments with my family that I will not be able to get back. Cried and Cried until I found a doctor that would listen to me and got my onto the path of biologics with other meds to keep me trucking.

Fast forward to last night..senior night for my high school senior football player. The parents and player introduction and I was there standing with my Jacob proud as a peacock. I never thought I would see this day. And I did.

In addition to this proud moment, I have been able to enjoy my other son's senior college football year as well and share in his senior day.

Please everyone do not give up, work with your medical team and learn to live with this disease. It does not have to take over take your life. You may just have to make some adjustments but it can be done.

Wow! What a great message for all of us today. Congratulations on his achievement and yours.
Thanks, rebel mom.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share when doing so well! This really hit home for me. The struggle to support others(kids) can be a job and as I hear up to go watch my son’s last football game of the season in the torrential downpour we are having today this was the perfect blog to stumble upon. So glad to hear things are going so well and that those special events mean the world don’t they?

Congratulations to your boys .... and to you!

Thank you Happy Mom for sharing this with us, it's a wonderful illustration of how things can turn around. Here's to many more happy times.