Life is happening

Well it has been quite awhile since I have been back to the site. Sorry life has been happening and it never seems to slow down. I have no new news yet but I do go to the doctor on the 16th. This will be nice so maybe I can get some relief. I have been of Humira since March. It stopped working a year after I started it so it was a good run. It is now October and I still haven't been on anything. This is good since I haven't experienced much pain in those months.

Now with school up and running again I do see how the stress is adding up. Trying to finish my only semester as a Senior, along with getting my college things in order is hard. Physical therapy has been my go to the past month. Also, my family friend chiropractor gave me a permanent spot on her calendar. I just recently started my second job so that is a little crazy as well. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to find a job that takes 30 mins to get to. The pain and my nerve are slowly coming again. Trying to stay positive is getting difficult and feeling the pain again makes me remember how much I hate it. Any words of wisdom or uplift would be appreciated!

Wow, you are one determined young lady! My daughter is a senior this year too with only four classes to go. She recently started her first job, but two!! That is a long time to go with no treatment. I sure hope that something helpful get prescribed at your next appointment as if you are having symptoms recur then you have the potential for damage too and you are so young you need a good prevention strategy. College apps are such a headache with all the transcripts, apps and essays hang in there it is worth the stress I promise. Sounds like you are putting your best foot forward and just keep on walking that’s an accomplishment in itself having PSA! Just remember to pace yourself and hang out here whenever you need. Good luck and enjoy the senior year don’t just work it all away you have the rest of your life to do that, trust me!!!

You, dear Fighter, are one of my PsA heroes. You are so positive and at the same time, realistic. Whatever it is you want to do, I know you will find a way to do it, even if you need to modify the “how” you do it.
Thank you so much for dropping by and letting us know how you are doing! And keep up the good work.

You're one of my heroes too! No pressure!

If you don't 100% need the second job it might be as well to weigh up whether it's worth it. Or at least to keep your options open. I reckon you can do anything you put your mind to, but it might be best to prioritise if there's a risk of crash & burn.

I guess you've got your rheumy appointment tomorrow. Let us know how it goes if you've got time.

Rheumy went great! He is moving to his own practice across the street to help better serve his patients. He put me on Sulfizine? I can't quite remember what it is called. We will give it a try for a month. My mom and I are talking about the pros and cons of my second job drive. It's seasonal so I have about 3 weeks left in my term. I will discuss my ideas and maybe seeing if coming back in January after I start college will be better. I will be only 7 mins away and not 30. If not I may work at another store in the town of my school.

Sidenote- Today is my 2 year anniversary of being diagnosed. Yesterday made me officially 50% done with Senior year. These hurdles make me proud and happy.

Well, sounds encouraging and glad you were happy with the appt. Hoping sulfa works well for you! I am curious why he did not prescribe a new biologic though. Usually after a bio starts to fail (ie. Humira) anther is offered (such as Enbrel). Was this discussed at all? Glad to hear your considering a modified work option. Starting college and all the additional work loads and stress are hard enough on there own let when having PSA recurring. I wish you luck and love your perseverance! Always remember we are here for you, though college friends are probably way cooler than we are, we get the things others do not and never mind hearing a little complaining when you need to blow some steam!