Good News and Bad news on my front

Good News! Despite my insistance I was run over by a truck, and and ER visit for Uveitis and treatment the ophthalmologist said wasn’t working but should be The Docs were right!!! The bad news though I wasn’t hit by a truck and the WBC in my eyes were not uveitis, It IS Influenze A. The greedy Bastards won’t even give me credit for the flu vaccine (that clearly didn’t work despite a quad dose) and apply it to the Tama-flu (which also prolly won’t work as I am out of if not close to being out of the “magic window”

Be careful out there folks be very careful…

2 Likes

Ugh, influenza A really does feel like you’ve been run over by a truck - really take care of yourself to make sure you don’t get any complications.

And that means not going back to a full days work too early young man! When I tried to go back for a full day of work after 7 days when I got it a few years ago, I ended up in ER with severe breathing difficulties, whole body spasms, and a 39.7C temp. Luckily I didn’t have an infection - it was just my body literally revolting against what I’d asked it to do. Of course then it was another 4 days not being able to get out of bed.

“Jerry”, on the other hand, took it easy and started with just an hour of work from home after the week of resting, slowly increasing it as things went ok.

Be smart, don’t be like me, be like “Jerry”.

1 Like

That sucks. I haven’t had the flu for many many years. Last time I was in my twenties and that was rough. I can only imagine how much worse it would be now. We all get flu shots every year to try and avoid it.

I work in a pharm… tamiflu ONLY works if it’s taken with 24 hours of exposure.

This is via FDA studies and manufacturer info, it’s not insco rules or anything like that. If you’re outside the magic window of 24 hours it simply won’t do a thing for you.

azurelle

1 Like

Well what are you doing here then, trying to infect all of us?

Seriously, Lamb, go to bed and get better.

Tamiflu is now used a bit differently for folks with compromised immune systems (ie like those on biological or DMARD meds for PsA.) Dosing is different as well. The problem with influenzaA in particular is the secondary infection (round 2) as it were. That happens about seven days after the initial symptoms. That’s the important window. I’m close on that one… tama-flu helps with that one. A seven course is all used for immune compromised folks who have been exposed th the flu so we should always contact our doc asap if exposed…

Sounds just awful. Go to bed and please get better soon.

How can we be careful when we’re with college kids and younger grandkids every day! I try, I really do!
Scary stuff, @tntlamb, I hope the tamiflu works to prevent that “second round”.

1 Like

Part of the answer is to ensure that everyone gets their flu vaccines. That plus is routine hand washing.

2 Likes

How are you doing @tntlamb?

1 Like

Yes, @tntlamb, did you survive and avoid the secondary infection?
I hope you’ve have your pneumonia vaccines!

Have you heard of the new dead vaccine for shingles that’s safe for people on biologics? My rheumy told me about it, but said it’s hard to get because there isn’t enough to go around. Especially because if you get the vaccine, you need to get a booster a few months later, so all the new vaccines the clinic receives are given as boosters and they have none left for first vaccines!

I’m sort of leery about this vaccine—even though it’s not live—I’m not sure I’ll jump at the chance when there is one available for me.

I’m on the waiting list for the shingles thing. No pneumonia but I did have a pretty good flare of the Endocarditis. it layed me a lot lower than I thought it would. Supposedly with the Tam-flu and the flu shot, it was supposed to be mild. About the only thing I got done the last few weeks is get up one new BF community, did some maintenece work on the sites, finished a new post by email set up (you guys will see it in a few weeks - some neat stuff and cool articles coming your way. The good thing is still on track for our annual Vegas trip in dew weeks. Exciting stuff - My daughter and grandaughter are coming, Seenie and her other half are coming, and Ben is flying up for a day. Should be a great Day, lots BF stuff will get done. It looks like a two Buffet Day, capped of by Seenie and her Husband, My daughter, granddaughter, and myself are going Zip Lining on Fremont Street after half price Prime Rib at Siegels 1941 (Its only $9.00 to begin with) I’ll post pics of the flying Seenie ifbribed

3 Likes

So how do you get more done with shingles (suspected shingles?), 'flu and endocarditis than I would given a good year?

Don’t answer that! Just pleased to hear that there’s fun stuff on the horizon. Have a whisky for me, please. Flying Seenie … flying Seenie … remind her to put her drink down first.

2 Likes

LOL oh you guys! Doesn’t a geriatric arthritic ziplining after prime rib and a glass of cabernet sound like a winning combination! I hope the people on Fremont street don’t get a terrible shock. Hahahahaha.

Seriously, I’m looking forward to it as well. If nothing else, it will be memorable. It’ll also be great to spend some time in person with folks who I really enjoy working with online.

Go right ahead: send your bribes to tnt!

4 Likes