Foot problems (toenails)

Hi this is my first post and I’m not really sure where to start but here goes … About 4 years ago I first noticed ridges and putting in my fingernails. Then a year or 2 later u began having terrible pain in my feel (especially my heels) from what I read it was plantar fasciitis. Next I had a huge ganglion cyst appeared on top of my left foot and straight after that my toe nails went totally bizarre… Thickened, ridges yellow colour really embarrassing… Can anyone else relate to this or have similar problems ? Cheer Lisa :+1:t2::hibiscus:

I have had similar problems with my feet. It is very embarrassing but i have seen some improvement since being on biologics. (Humira and Remicade).
I hope you can find some medications to give you similar or better relief.

1 Like

I have had all these things, though all to a lesser extent.

Maybe ganglions are common, but I had one on my ankle too and of course could be PsA-related for some strange reason. Ultrasound of my foot also revealed one buried in there somewhere. My catch-all explanation is ‘inflammation’. They are very benign beasts … doctor’s advice was to continue wearing walking boots that rubbed on it as the pressure makes them disappear and sure enough, it did. The wisdom of old was to hit 'em with the heavy family bible.

Heel pain is very common with PsA, often due to enthesitis at the attachment points of the achilles tendons.

If you haven’t seen a rheumy yet, be sure to run all of this by them. I’d put toenails at the top of the list as about 80% of people with PsA have psoriatic nails and that is a higher percentage, I believe, than that for those with current skin psoriasis so very diagnostically useful.

1 Like

My toenails are very dry and brittle. I always thought it was fungus until doc said it was the PsA. When I clip them the nail actually turns to powder. I too have heel and weird foot pains.

1 Like

Thank you for replying Sybil xx

Thanks Steve xx

God bless xx