Fat

There's no two ways about it...I'm getting fat.

I've always been on the big side but as my mobility decreases my waistline increases. I have always been active and loved walking, especially with my camera but just recently I find myself sitting at my desk either watching Youtube or playing Xbox games.

Walking is uncomfortable but I'm now making a conscious effort to push myself and get out while and when I can. Just the other day I had a nice wander along the beach, taking it very slowly and sitting down when I needed to. I even took a few pictures (see below).
I have to keep reminding myself that a)I'm not 18 anymore and b)I have a disease which is physically limiting so shouldn't feel guilty if I need to take a rest, walk really slowly or give up if I only manage half a mile when I used to do five.

Slowly slowly catchee munkee!

Beautiful picture, OCS! You’re right: we’re not eighteen any more, and we have a disease that has slowed us down. But there’s also a connection between obesity and PsA that appears to be a chicken and egg situation. Whatever, a lot of us struggle with our weight, and struggle to keep active.
Thanks for the lovely picture!

I've found that the more I've walked, the easier it has become. I appreciate that PsA affects us all differently but I reckon that in time you could overtake munkee and leave him trailing. But while you're getting in to it - which is half the battle - even while taking a rest you're breathing sea air & giving yourself the kind of physical & mental boost the x-box can't provide. I really like this post.