Friends and PsA

Last night, I was finally feeling able to go out with some friends and hang out for a while. For the last year or so, it has been really hard to get together with friends as they always want to meet at night after work and I just don't have any energy left. We all met in a water exercise class and due to different reasons, only a few of us are still in the class so we occasionally meet at a local watering hole and enjoy each others company. One of the members has some health issues herself and completely understands my situation, however another keeps comparing PsA with Osteo and trying to tell me how to deal with it. I have tried explaining that it is very different but she won't hear of it. She is older than me and feels she knows more about it since she has had fibro problems as well as her arthritis and tends to make out that her problems are more acute and she can help me deal with it. I love her dearly but I really don't need this right now as I am trying to figure out how to deal with it and I actually have the disease. I want to help others understand, but I keep thinking I must be coming across as feeling sorry for myself or some other negative way but yet I want them to understand why I cannot do everything anymore. It is hard enough for me to figure out how things effect me without others trying to tell me what I should or should not do. I hide the situation well and do not complain a lot (or at least I try to) but I do know what my limit is and how much I can handle. It is just so frustrating. The other friend who has had a lot of health issues as of late, and I feel so bad that I haven't been there for her during this trying time but she does understand as she is limited on what she can do as well.

Meanwhile, my body is doing ok this week - only minor aches and pains, nothing too substantial. I'm still avoiding nightshades but did have some pizza with just a little sauce this week and everything is still in check. Along with the pizza, were cinnimon breadsticks which are wonderful. Still trying to be a good girl and lose a bit of weight. I'm looking forward to the weather warming up so I can get my bike out :)

You are right. Only you know your limitations. Over doing it only makes you feel worse. I have missed many events because of pain or because of knowing it would cause pain. It is a way of life. It is not a people pleasing disease.

I am a believer in things happening for a reason. Maybe I have this disease to help me, be me and not care so much what others think about me. I have a propensity to please others and I can't stand it when people think because I am larger than most, that I am lazy because I am certainly not. At least I know why I am limited now even if others do not. I completely understand why many people don't tell others about it.