Facial psoriasis

Ok ladies and gentlemen just wondering if anyone has tried skin camouflage make up I have facial psoriasis and it is getting me really down to the point I really don't want to go to work or go anywhere else, normal make up looks terrible, I have to layer it on just to cover the patches and I end up looking like a drag queen with the amount of make up I have to wear, I researched loads of different kinds of make up, but the prices of the make up that apparently works is so expensive, this is why I was wondering if anyone had tried it and if it does the trick, I really don't want to spend £30.00 on a foundation not to mention the price of all the other things you need lol, I have seen that you can get it on prescription but not sure my doctors would justify that will make an appointment to find out they are a bit backward with my disease really dont know very much about it, dosn't give me much confidence when I go to see them, ok rant over any help would be greatly appreciated thanks x

Hi I have Facial Psoriasis as well. I have it in my scalp also. I use L’oreal Concealer on my face before I use Bare Minerals make up. These are the only once that I could tolerate on days that my Skin doesn’t hurt when I use the makeup brush. If it gets too sensitive to use a make up brush, I still to L’Oreal BB Tinted Moisturizer which I apply on my face after I’ve applied my topical ointments. And if it still shows my Facial Psoriasis after my tintes Moisturizer, I just leave it as is! I guess I have been used to people staring at my Face & giving me a weird look! Some days I don’t let it get to me, though I must admit, some days, I just feel like screaming when people stare like I’m contagious or something!

About 15 years ago, I had somehow gotten samples of the facial makeup made for serious concealing (port-wine birthmarks, burns, tattoos, etc). At the time my skin had changed from having facial psoriasis to just big patches or irritation similar to rosacea, acne scarring, etc. The foundation really did work, but it felt odd on the skin, definitely something to get used to. I ended up not using it for more than a week or two.

Perhaps if you contact the company you can ask if they have sample sizes you can order to try it out before you end up having to invest in a full-size bottle / makeup system.

I had some psoriasis creep onto my forehead during the last big flare- I use Shiseido foundation, which didn't make it look worse- didn't help a great deal though. Moisturizing helped tremendously, and so did using salicylic acid facial toner to loosen scales, I try to avoid skin irritants, like fragrances and dyes, and just stick to plain shea butter when the itching/scaling is really bad.